16.1 ZURI

The story so far:

---- Aija is a Volunteer at the Pristine School at Innermost. She works along with Zuri and Ze, who are her friends. Aija witnesses a strange event one night – light emanating from Rez's body. The kidnapper is after her soul, next, but he leaves her alive and goes away. Another man finds her, he wants to take her somewhere else - Aija though wary of him agrees. Aija learns of the existence of the aliens – the Ytai. Also, about the R'ies and H'eon, Harvesting and Àvo from Etrie. Etrie tells her that the man, who Harvested Rez (Thieron), will now go after her. He tells her that the spy/kidnapper's name is Luka. Etrie asks her to work along with him. Aija agrees to work along with Etrie on Harvest Stopping Missions.

---- Thieron and Nala check out a new target, and realize that Etrie's team was trailing the same target.

---- They drop the Transfers at the South Land. When Gold asks Iyler to marry him one day she doesn't respond. Goldstar meets Princess Ruyanir of the Zayr. He is later informed that the Research Centre was attacked.

---- Xan is a student at the Pristine School. He attends Cello classes at the same academy as his best friend Vaughn. Xan is preparing for the mandatory Eligibility Test that he must take once he turns sixteen. Xan has a small party on his birthday.

---- Xan feels like he is being constantly watched. 

---- Xan takes his Eligibility Test and does well. He gets his Medicine Administration done.

---- Xan feels sick and at his party he faints.

✽✽✽

****16.1 - Zuri****

She sniffed the air and was positive that it was different compared to Innermost.

She resumed hanging the clothes to dry.

"Mama," Zuri said, "how many times have you been to Innermost?"

Her mother thought about it for a second as she folded the dry clothes. She was sitting on one of the three steps that led to their small backyard. The afternoon sun was shining on her creating a halo on her red hair. Alex was like their mother with his red hair and brown skin. She was like their father with her mid-night skin and copper curls. Zuri had their mother's blue-green eyes, and Alex had their father's golden brown eyes. It was a perfect balance between the siblings.

"Maybe twice, I remember my first time clearly. I might have gone twice, though I don't remember clearly."

"For your test?"

"Yes, the test and the Medicine Administration. I could've gone with you when you went for yours, but I had to take care of Alex here."

"You can go with him."

Imani King smiled; her hope reflected in her eyes. "Why do you look sad, Zuri?"

"I'm wondering if you will like Innermost. I mean... you will, but will you like home after going there? It's so different – here and Innermost."

"What's bothering you, Zuri?"

Zuri shook her head. "Nothing, Mama, I'm just wondering if you'll let me have cake for breakfast. Again..."

"Oh, you spoilt child!"

Zuri laughed, and she kept the laundry basket back inside. Alex was studying for a test. She took the food list and walked to her father's store. It was where she had first met Nala. What had Nala been doing there that day?

As she thought more about it, she realized that she hardly knew much about Nala. But, she still liked her; a lot. She would have to make Nala speak more about herself. But would she be willing to? What if she wasn't? How would it change their relationship? Did they even have some sort of a relationship?