26.2 LUKA

The story so far: 

---- Aija, Zuri, and Ze are three friends, who were working at the Pristine School at Innermost. Aija gets involved with the Ytai first, leading Zuri and Ze to them as well. Aija and Ze are captured by Thieron, of H'eon, when they were at the Hospital - Aija was at the Hospital with Kuna of R'ies and Zuri to stop a Harvest; Ze was there to visit his sick student Xan. Xan, a student at the Pristine School, gives up his soul to Thieron, and Xan, is released by Aija. He then settles into the body of a kitten that Aija found at the Hospital, and is taken to where Thieron resides. Aija wills Xan to talk; he can speak now with his own voice. Thieron has bound Aija to himself, and Nala has bound Ze to herself. 

---- Luka works for Thieron(Ah'n), along with Lalana (Nala). Luka found Aija first at her school, teaching the kids. He seems to care for her.

---- Aija, Xan, and Ze tried to escape by trying to board a Terra Turbo-Train but weren't successful because of the bonds. Thieron incapacitates Ze when he tries to use his powers against them to escape. 

✽✽✽

****26.2 - Luka****

"Ze! Ze!" Aija's voice filled the quiet night. 

"He's alright," Thieron informed her as he carried Ze, on his shoulder. 

The easiest thing to do was to compel Ze to walk home, Luka thought. Show off. 

"Let's go," Thieron said. 

Aija stared at Ze, limp over Thieron's shoulder, worry in her eyes. 

"He's fine, really," Luka told her. 

She was clutching the kitten in her arms; clever girl running away with the kitten. Luka was impressed they'd tried it. Thieron, Nala, and he were having a practice fight session to keep themselves nimble in the middle of the thin forest when both Thieron and Nala felt instant pain in their wrists. It had almost cost Nala her hair as Thieron had lost control of his blade from the pain. Thieron had taken off without a word, and Luka had followed Nala. 

Luka held his hand out to Aija. She accepted it, and he pulled her up. She was wheezing, totally out of breath. All the running must have taken its toll on her. She had lived at Innermost her whole life, where the air was purified all the time. 

Thieron and Nala were already way ahead of them. Aija got a grip on herself, and he waited to give her the time she needed. 

"Feeling better?" he asked. 

"Water." she wheezed. 

He led her to the Station, and she drank some water from the water fountain. He let her sit for about five minutes, the kitten safe in her arms. She calmed down. Luka removed his jacket and gave it to her. She wore it without protest; it was a cold night for humans. 

"Come," 

She followed him up the hill. Not once did she look up at him. He felt bad for her, even though he was sure he didn't have the rights to. 

"I see you want Ze for his powers," she told him, still not looking at him. 

Her long hair was tied up in a bun, a few strands brushing her neck. Luka wanted to touch those strands of hair. He wanted to be those strands of hair brushing across her neck, feeling her smooth skin. 

Luka didn't reply. Nothing would change the fact that it was true. He, himself, was surprised by it. Thieron hadn't told them the real reason he was keeping Ze. 

She pulled the jacket tighter around herself, it was huge on her. The kitten now rested on her shoulder. "Do you want my soul?" 

Luka's eyes widened. She looked up at him and stopped walking.