34 RUYANIR

The story so far:

----Aija, Zuri, and Ze are three friends, who were working at the Pristine School at Innermost. Aija gets involved with the Ytai first, leading Zuri and Ze to them as well. Zuri falls in love with Nala (Lalana), who is Ytai and works with Thieron. Aija and Ze are captured by Thieron, of H'eon, when they were at the Hospital - Aija was at the Hospital with Kuna of R'ies and Zuri to stop a Harvest; Ze was there to visit his sick student Xan. Thieron has bound Aija to himself, and Nala has bound Ze to herself. Luka works for Thieron(Ah'n), along with Lalana (Nala).

----Aija, Ze, Thieron, Luka, and Nala go to the South Land. Luka admits that they are there for a Harvest. While they are on the Harvest, they get stopped by a group of people - the Zayr. Aija and Ze meet Princess Ruyanir of the Zayr. Ze and the Princess have an instant connection. The Prince has requested Aija and Ze to meet him. Prince Irih' va and Aija have a conversation about the Àvo; he explains how it works. Aija seems to like the Prince. The Prince gives Aija a strand of his golden hair - for protection. Irih' va sees Aija in his future but isn't sure she will choose him. He wants her to choose him. Irih' va catches Ze using his powers, and he shows Ze that he, too, has the same powers.

----Ruyanir can't stop thinking of Ze Roan. 

----Her father keeps asking her to marry Prince Irih'va to be able to get hold of the Hi'er Empire. She refuses because she knows his plans to take over the Empire.

----Ruyanir asks Premier Zhaleh Ivanov about when the next Transfer is arriving at the South Land.

✽✽✽

****34 - Ruyanir****

"Tell me. Tell me, what do you see?" 

Prince Irih'va sighed, sounding tired as if he'd just come home from a long tiresome war. Yal yawned next to her as if she shared his tiredness. 

"Things as they will be," he said, sounding cryptic, his Ierne accent heavy as he spoke to her in Za. 

"Your Highness, please." Ruyanir pleaded. 

They were at his place, on the balcony that opened out to the ocean, the fresh air blowing through both of their long hair. 

"What is it, Ruyanir?" 

She was much younger than him, and he addressed her by name. She liked it; it felt normal. "I need to know." 

Prince Irih'va closed his eyes, trying to steady himself. Not much fazed him, but she could see that she was driving him to the edge of calmness and the beginnings of his anger. 

"Yes," he said, finally relenting. 

Ruyanir broke into a smile, and the Prince pulled at his hair in annoyance. He looked so young in that moment. 

"Can I hug you?" she asked, worried she would anger him. 

He nodded. Ruyanir hugged him. He was tall like the Ytai; in fact, it was common knowledge that the Iernes' ancestors were the Ytai. She was petite like the Zayr and many humans. She felt tiny in his embrace. 

She whispered, "Thank you, Your Highness." 

"Ruyanir," his voice held a warning, "Don't do anything unwise." 

She pulled out of his embrace and grinned at him. 

"Stay out of too much trouble," he said, knowing she wouldn't change her mind, as he patted her on the head and gave her minimal instructions on what to do. 

Ruyanir nodded, whispered another thanks, and left. Yal followed her as she headed out into the dark morning. 

Ruyanir hadn't been able to stop thinking of Ze. Never had she faced such a dilemma before. All she could think of was being with him – no matter the risks. If her father found out what she had done, it would be the end of her time on Earth. But, she had to risk it. For the very first time, she was willing to take a significant risk. 

She hurried – not to her place – but the human Settlement. If she went back to her place, she would be caught by the guards. She had told only On'var that she was going to visit the Prince of Ierne. Ruyanir took a roundabout route to the Gale Headquarters. Yal was at her heels, easily matching her pace. As she neared the Headquarters, she ran, and Yal broke into a run beside her. 

Premier Zhaleh had sent a message through Amelie that a Transfer aircraft had arrived that day and would immediately leave back to the Main Lands. So she had quickly gone to Prince Irih'va, to ask if he saw Ze Roan in her future. 

Ruyanir stepped into the Headquarters and went to Zhaleh, who was already at her desk despite the early hour. She was wearing her seaweed-green Gale uniform and looked up in surprise as Ruyanir ran to her and stood in front of her panting. 

"Princess?" Zhaleh sounded worried. "What's wrong?" 

"When is the aircraft leaving?" she gasped.

 "What? Why?" 

"Zhaleh!" 

"Princess? Well...um in a few hours. Today it'll leave earlier because it's a different Pilot going back."

"I'm going to Innermost of Pristine One. Ask someone to take me there." 

Zhaleh stared at her, mouth open. She opened and closed it a few times like a fish, with no words to say.

 "Prince Irih'va will protect you from the ire of my guards. Please, Zhaleh." 

The word please from her snapped Zhaleh into action. Ruyanir never had to use the word to get things her way. Zhaleh realized this was serious. 

Ruyanir was on the flight in a few hours. Zhaleh had instructed Pilot Xu to take her to Innermost Pristine City One. However, since Ze was captured, he was at someplace with hills. It wasn't of much help, but Prince Irih'va had given her some clue as to how to get there. 

Ruyanir had never felt this way before, and she wanted to do anything to preserve it. She would find her way to Ze Roan. Unless her father found his way to her first and took her back to Ierne.

✽✽✽