28.3 NALA

The story so far:

----Aija, Zuri, and Ze are three friends, who were working at the Pristine School at Innermost. Aija gets involved with the Ytai first, leading Zuri and Ze to them as well. Zuri falls in love with Nala (Lalana), who is Ytai, and works with Thieron. Aija and Ze are captured by Thieron, of H'eon, when they were at the Hospital - Aija was at the Hospital with Kuna of R'ies and Zuri to stop a Harvest; Ze was there to visit his sick student Xan. Thieron has bound Aija to himself, and Nala has bound Ze to herself. Luka works for Thieron(Ah'n), along with Lalana (Nala).

----Goldstar is uncomfortable with Vincent staying with him, in Pristine Four. Vincent has a way of making him feel weirded out concerning his feelings. While on the other hand, Iyler keeps distancing herself because she doesn't know who Goldstar really is.

----Aija and Ze go along with the three Ytai. It's a Harvest, but Thieron doesn't inform them since Aija would hinder them. When Nala and Luka go away, Thieron shows them the sea -which has swallowed the land. A sea-savage pulls Aija into the sea when she is standing too close to the water on the walkway. 

----Aija faints after Thieron saves her from the sea-savages, just as she remembers that a sea-savage bit her.

✽✽✽

****28.3 - Nala****

Harvesting the Àvo soul had been easy. 

The man had tried to run, resulting in running far from Ze, and the bond was stinging at her wrist. 

"Are you alright?" Luka asked her, securing the In'ealk. 

She was clutching her wrist. "Let's go. Soon..." 

They walked back towards the car. "How far did we run?" Nala groaned. 

"Not too far." Luka consoled her. 

Her Scroll vibrated. It was Thieron. 

"?" Yes? 

"Nala, where are you two?" he sounded distressed. Thieron never seemed distressed unless it was something major. 

"Not too far..." she repeated Luka's words. "Is everything alright?" 

"Hurry back! Run! Now!" 

Thieron cut the call; Nala stared at her Scroll. He sounded greatly upset. 

"What's wrong?" Luka asked her.

 "Something's terribly wrong," she said, fearing what might have happened. "Thieron sounded scared." 

"Thieron? Scared?" 

"Run." 

Nala and Luka ran to the car; halfway there, her wrist stopped hurting. Ze was still with them, then. What had happened? What had made Thieron so anxious, that he hadn't even bothered to ask if they had Harvested the soul? 

They reached the car to find Thieron pacing outside it, tensed. 

"Get in the car!" he yelled as he caught sight of them. 

"What's wrong?" she asked. 

"Questions later," he growled and got into the back seat. "Nala drive. To Ba' diur's." 

Nala and Luka got into the car her at the wheel and Luka beside her. She started the car and made a U-turn. As Nala looked back, to make the turn, she saw Aija unconscious in the back seat. Thieron was cradling her against himself. She didn't need any more incentive; something was wrong with Aija. She sped down the empty roads, driving to Ba' diur's place.