Chapter 6- How we got here Broken

Zayn's POV

“Don't worry, I'll set you up and that wonderful girl will be screaming your name in no time.” Then, the girl in the hospital bed did a very bad wink. I'm sure she just did it to amuse me. It worked. I laughed at her failure of a wink and the little joke she made about her nice looking friend.

“I have a feeling we'll be good friends even after we leave this hospital.”

The girl smiled. “Are you sure that's not just an innocent cover up to say you wanna get in Cassy's pants?” All I could say was her friend, who's name I guess was Cassy, was very hot.

Her face was beautiful. She had big brown eyes, perfect lips, and shiny dark brown hair, with her ends dyed pink. I could have stared at her in her volleyball uniform all day but she had to notice, unfortunately. I remembered when she turned, I couldn't help it, but my eyes went right to her bum and my mouth dropped opened.

I'm not a pervert, I'm just an extremely horny teenager. An extremely horny teenager, who now worships the genius inventor of spandex shorts. Who ever he is, he is now officially my idol.

“So what happened to you.” The girl asked.

“I, uhhh, kinda had an accident at rehearsals, and lets just say, that stage is a bit too high. And before I forget, what are your guys' names?”

“I'm Abigail, but you can call me Abby, the shorter girl is Jillian and she also goes by Jill. Then my friend who's butt your mouth fell over for is Cassandra, and she goes by Cass or Cassy.” She was smiling mischievously.

Wow, this girl would never let me forget that I'm a teenage boy with hormones. If I was Harry, she would probably die with all the wonderful examples of him acting pervy and making sexual jokes.

“So what happen to you?” I simply asked.

“Volleyball accident. Some chick thought it would be good if I couldn't play anymore, so she kicked me while I was doing my spike and I fell on my arm. I've got a concussion too.”

Ouch, and to think I was complaining about my stupid cast when she has the same thing on her arm PLUS a concussion. I feel like a little pussy now. “Damn, well that's unfortunate.” Abby just shrugged. “So, if I might ask, what's up with your uniforms? And your guys accents are a bit strange. Are you girls from here?”

“Nahhhh, we're from Vancouver, Canada. We came for spring break to compete in a volleyball tournament. We just had our first game today, or rather, yesterday. And like I said before, we're Canadian's. It only seems right that when we come to another country, we represent our country well.” She smiled very proudly at me.

I smiled and shrugged my shoulders, “True.”

I heard the door open and I turned my head to the beautiful girl walking through the door. “We're back! Who missed me?!” She smiled and let out an adorable giggle.

“Zayn did!” Abby yelled out, breaking into laughter. That comment made Jill laugh and Cassandra's cheeks to get hot pink. Seeing her all nervous and cute like that just made me chuckle.

Her and Jill changed into baggy sweats and hoodies. She was so cute. It was obvious that she didn't like people staring at her so I asked them about Canada. “So, me and the boys haven't been to the Vancouver area much. We've only gone to Toronto and Montreal. Whats Vancouver like?” All their faces lit up. Wow, they must all really love their city.

“It's amazing! You'l never see a town as beautifully placed. It's surrounded by mountains, and then you have the water right there.”

“Stanley Park is just as amazing, if not more amazing then what all the tourist guides say it is. You HAVE to go there.”

“If you ever come, go to Grouse Mountain. Its like my favorite place to go. They have grizzly bears, anawesome zip line and so much more!”

“OMG, if you guys came and we had a few days and a driver, you would never forget it. We promise you.”

They named off a whole bunch of cool sounding attractions in the Vancouver area and by the time they were done, I wanted to go. All the girls just talked non stop about how beautiful the place was and Jill showed me a few pics on her ipod.

“Well I really hope for our up coming world tour, we have a few stops in Vancouver.” I smiled hopefully.

“Oh you do, but it sold out months ago. Most the seats were taken after one week of being on the market, for the Vancouver show. Now the remaining tickets are crazy expensive.” Jill looked very disappointed, but then she looked up at me with her cute, adorable eyes expectantly. I laughed, she was trying to get tickets. Abby hit Jill hard on the back of her head like me and the boys usually do.“Okay, owww.” Jills eyes narrowed and she raised her hand.

“Hey! You cant hit me, I'm in a hospital bed. Be nice.”

“Your not super women because your in a hospital bed Abbs.” 'Smack!'

“Owwwww! What the hell?! Do you not see this fucking huge cast on my arm!”

“OHMYGOD, I'm so sorry Abby!” Jill ran over to hug her friend. “I didn't mean to, you know that. I'm sorry. I love you.” She kissed Abby on the cheek and then Abby laughed and returned her hug.

It just occurred to me, they really reminded me of the guys. I already miss them and I just saw them a few hours ago.

“We do?” Jill asked a bit amused. I guess I just said that thought out loud.

“Yup, I swear, its kinda creepy.” I said while popping the p. I suddenly felt very tired. The girls must have noticed.

“Well, we'll let you get to sleep. Apparently the whole world knows you love your sleep so we wont keep bothering you. G'night Zayn.” Cassandra smiled angelically and her warm, twinkling eye just soothed me even more.

“Night....”

Cassandra's POV

Zayn just went out like a light. I guess all those rumors about him loving his sleep were true. I hear giggling and two faint 'awehhhh's behind me. I turned around and saw Abby and Jill staring at me with knowing smiles on their faces.

“Girl, you like him” Jill winked at me.

“No I don't, I was just being polite. Now shut up and go to sleep ya lil devil.” We all giggled at my comment and then settled, to fall back into the world of warm darkness.

I didn't like Zayn, did I? No, I bet he was just one of those cocky, self absorbed pop stars who just liked to have a bunch of little play things. Moving on to the next one, like the first wasn't even broken.I would just be another one of his stupid little toys, but he did seem nice, and very cute. And I loved the way he smiled at me... Cassy! Stop thinking like that!

All he's gonna do is tear your heart like the other one's did. I can not trust any guy who with a big ego, or a guy who is in a situation that will inflate his ego. I will not go down that path again.

I will never, ever ever, have feelings for Zayn Malik because all that would come out of it would be him, and my broken body, with a lost soul. Just like last time.

*********************************

I'm horrible at ending chapters, okay? You'll notice that. So if a chapter ends on some stupid, cheesy, cliche sounding note or sentence, just remember I suck at ending chapters.