Up and Down a Lot

I start college in just a few days so I'm going to try to get as much writing done when I can, I promise. ❤️

-

Darcy's Pov

I'm not upset.

I don't need a boy to make me happy and even if I did, clearly it wouldn't be Kevin.

He still hasn't texted me back. Not even a 'sorry, I couldn't make it' or 'I didn't mean to blow you off'. Nothing.

So I'm not going to think about it. I'm going to go to school, pass my history test, ignore Kevin all day, and come home as if nothing happened. I don't even know if we're still having our 'date' tomorrow but I'm definitely not calling him and asking about it.

"Dad has an interview today but he should be picking you guys up from school later." Mum said to us as we all piled into the car.

The drive to school wasn't horrible but I dreaded bumping into... he who shall not be named.

"Bye Darcy, love you."

I got out of the car and made my way to the school gates, walking inside of the building to find Isaac or Penny, or even Tommy at this point, just anyone to distract me right now.

"D," I heard from behind me and I froze. My palms were sweating, my heart was racing, and my mind was spinning. Luckily it was only Tommy but I was still a nervous wreck. "Why are you walking so fast?"

"Just trying to get to my locker before class." I nervously said.

"How was your double date last night? Wait, does it count as a double date if there's one girl and two guys or is that just a threesome?" He teased me and I smacked his arm. "Ow!"

"It wasn't going to be a date, just studying." I said. "And he didn't show up..."

"He bailed on you?"

"Yes." I mumbled.

"Normally I'd be laughing and making all kinds of jokes about your love life right about now but since I've got a date with the girl I've had a crush on since I was 7 and it's kind of all thanks to you, I actually feel bad." He said.

Tommy being semi sweet to me is only making my nerves worse. He's never nice on purpose.

"I know a few seniors that can beat him up if you want. You've always been the little sister I never had, doll face." He lightly pinched my cheeks before I swatted his hand away.

"No, that won't be necessary." I sighed. "I planned on ignoring him all day but if I do that, I won't know if he's coming over for our date tomorrow- is it's even a date. I just wish he'd be straight forward with me. Why are boys so complicated?" I huffed.

"Confront him. It's the only way you'll know for sure and guys like a girl that knows what she wants." He said which is oddly enough, good advice. "Have you seen Pe- never mind." A huge smile took over half of his face as he walked past me and made his way over to Penny.

I guess I can confront Kevin and just tell him the truth.

I went to my locker and put a few books inside then took a few out. Isaac should be getting here soon and I guess I can wait for him at his locker.

"Hi love," He came over to me and kissed my cheek. "I was just going to meet you, what's wrong?"

"Nothing, I didn't want you to have to walk all the way over to me when I had time to come over here." I said.

"I brought you this." He pulled a candy bar out of his backpack. "To brighten your day." He smiled.

"Thank you but you don't have to worry about me. The whole Kevin thing is sorted out, I know what I'm going to do about him, Tommy gave me some good advice." I said as he was rummaging through his backpack but he stopped and looked up at me, confused.