Rules and Roses

Darcy's Pov

I got up a little earlier than usual to get ready for school. I took a shower and styled my hair natural today, putting some up and leaving some down. I decided to wear my dad's old sweatshirt today to be extra cozy in the rain. My brother's were just starting to roll out of bed while I was already downstairs getting breakfast.

Today, 13 years ago, Isaac and I got fake married. My parents were on their anniversary trip and Niall was watching Isaac, Edward, and I for the weekend. We were playing with my doll house, one of my Barbie dolls were getting married to one of the Ken dolls and almost three year old Isaac asked,

"Why do they have to get married?"

"Because they love each other." I explained. "When a boy and a girl love each other, they have to get married."

"Like my dad and Mia? And your mummy and daddy?" He asked.

"Yes." I said as I changed my Barbie doll into one of my fancy barbie dresses.

He sat the Ken doll down on one of my barbie couches and got my other barbies to put in the audience for the wedding which was one of my baby blankets I laid out for them.

"How old do you have to be to get married?" He asked me and I hummed, trying to think about an age. I've only ever seen grown ups married.

"I think you have to be a grown up." I said. "Little kids can't get married because they have to kiss and kissing is yucky."

"Can you get married without kissing?" He curiously asked and I sat my barbie down next to the ken doll.

"I think if the girl and the boy love each other a lot then it's okay to get married without kissing." I innocently said.

"Okay!" He said as he stood up. "Can we get married Darcy?"

I blinked up at him and shook my head. "No, we're playing dolls right now. Maybe later."

"I want to get married now." He pouted.

"Later." I sassily said to him and he huffed, dramatically exiting my room to pace in the hallway before returning a minute later.

"I love you Darcy... I want to marry you now." He said once he came back in the room.

I tapped my chin, thinking it over. I love Isaac too. He always shares his animal crackers with me and he plays dolls with me so why not?

"Okay." I concluded. "I need a ring."

"What ring?"

"My mummy has a ring from my daddy. He got it for her for their wedding and she doesn't take it off." I said.

"Ever?" He looked shocked.

"Never."

He touched the Power Rangers ring he was wearing on his finger. He got it from a cupcake that he ate at a birthday part a few weeks ago and he hasn't gone anywhere without it since. If he's not wearing it, he keeps it in his pocket.

"I only have this ring." He softly said. He cautiously took it off of his finger and gave it to me. "You have to take care of it."

I took it in my hand and tried it on my thumb. It's very nice. Isaac hasn't let me touch it, he only lets me look at it since he's had it.

"I promise." I got up and grabbed my headband from my dresser, wanting to look nice for my wedding.

"How do we get married?" He innocently asked and I grabbed his hand and led him to the center of my room on my rug.