Chapter 33- Nov 26, 2018

Anastacia

"Finals start in like a month. Why are we studying now?" Zamari asks.

    We are in the study room and Dante wrote the study session plan on the whiteboard. We are looking at math and government today. Because some of us are in different math classes we decided that we'll take time reviewing each course. We start with Calc since the majority of the group takes that class.

    "They actually start in 3 weeks. We want to go over things early so the actual test can be a piece of cake," I answer, not looking up from my notes.

    "But Thanksgiving legit just passed. My mind is still on break," he complains throwing his head back.

    "I remember when Ana pulled the same shit last year and I was so annoyed with her," Dante starts. "But it was all worth it when I saw a 92% on my chem test."

    "See? I am a good teacher. You're just stubborn!" I shoot a look at Zamari. He snorts and pulls himself up in his seat.

    "I'm sorry Miss Flores, but I learned more about stoichiometry from Naomi than from you," he smirks. Naomi smiles and does some handshake with Zamari. I roll my eyes and I turn to see them laugh in their seats.

    "You're a butthead," I mutter.

    "Wow. You're bad," he responds.

    "Okay! Come one, we need to start!" Freddie yells.

    "I'm too tired!" Dante complains.

    "See, I'm not the only one!" Zamari points to Dante who is slumped back on his chair hiding his face under a hat. "And I'm hungry."

    "Jesus, it's like taking care of two children," I complain.

    "Hey, what if you guys go bring us food instead, and we'll work with you tomorrow?" Esme asks. She looks at Dante and fixes his hat. His eyes widen and give her a childish grin.

    "What do you want?" He asks.

    "I'm kind of in the mood for fries," Esme responds.

    "Cool. Come on Zamari, we're off to hunt," Dante stands up and Zamari jumps off his seat.

    "Yes, sir!" He salutes and power walks his way to the door.

"What about me?" Noah asks while getting up.

"You stay here with me. You need to go over anatomy before doing anything else," Naomi snaps and gets his composition book out of his backpack.

"Since when are you my mom?" Noah grumbles.

"Since I got her approval to baby you when I need to," she grins. He rolls his eyes but turns back to his paper.

"Okay, so 7 fries?" Dante asks.

"Yeah, just make sure to hide it so we don't get kicked out," Esme says, continuing to write in her notebook.

"Its been a while since we've been kicked out from here," Naomi giggles.

"How the hell did y'all get kicked out?" Zamari asks raising an eyebrow.

"Those stories are legendary and will be discussed at the right time and the right place, my friend," Freddie responds tilting his head forward as if he's bowing.

"Alright then? Anyways, fries?" Zamari asks clapping his hands together.

"Fries," Dante responds and they both walk out the door.

"Don't take long!" I call out and they let the door close behind them.

---

"I still don't understand why you want us to start studying for finals a month before they start," Zamari says taking a bite out of his burger.