Chapter 36 Zamari- Dec 5, 2018

My head dips toward the table - once again - before it jerks back up as I wake up again. It has been like this for the better part of the class, dozing off while pretending to pay attention. The lights are dimmed for a video, and half the room is already asleep. The other half stare at the video with glazed eyes that prove nobody knows what the fuck we're supposed to take out of it.

Ana sits next to me and even her goody-two-shoes ass is dozing off, the pen in between her fingers close to dropping on the desk, and my money is on her dropping it all the way to the floor. I slide further down into my chair and rest my head on the back of the chair and allowing myself to sleep. I'm on the verge of a dream when the light comes blaring on, and Harold begins talking about the video that had at some point ended. I squint, no longer really caring to pretend to pay attention and lay my head on the desk, using my arm to block out the insanely bright classroom lights.

"Zamari? I'm gonna need you to sit up please." I peek out from under my arm to see Mr. Harold standing next to my desk, a pen in hand that he taps irritatingly on my desk.

Ana makes faces at me and I roll my eyes as I lean back in my chair. Harold eyes me as he crosses his arms.

"And what, pray do tell, did you glean from today's viewing?"

I scratch my head and try to think about the little I had seen of the video, and what kind of answer he was really looking for. Coming up with nothing, I result to bullshit.

"Well sir, that's an ambiguous question, as my opinion can't give a true perspective of the video."

He tips his head to the side and asks.

"Tell me, who was the guest speaker included?"

I start getting more annoyed. He's obviously toying with me.

"There weren't any?" I take a wild guess.

Harold snorts and asks, "And what, Zamari, were the three main points covered throughout this video?"

"Jesus Christ Harold." I snap. "I have no clue about your video, I fell asleep and I would like to go back to my nap."

I hear snickering behind me and Harold's eyes flare as the bell rings. I jump out of my seat, snatching up my backpack before he can say another word. Or worse, send me to the principle.