31

"How long was I out for?"

"Maybe six days? It felt a lot longer. I've been running recently."

"Running? I wouldn't have guessed... Listen, I don't want to talk about what just happened for a while yet. I need time to think about it. I've missed you too. Maybe I can talk about that instead?"

"Of course," he says softly. "Do you think McCoy will let us go back to our room? I miss it there. I just want sometime together alone. I just want a few hours with you to forget about everything else."

"I don't like our chances. We can have our own little piece of paradise here. We can forget about everything... Or at least try to."

"I had a long chat with my parents. I felt a lot better afterwards. I had a long talk with Sulu too. That really helped things. I've been trying to look after myself. It's a lot easier with you around. I've been trying to open up more. I hope it'll make things easier, for both of us."

Eadie gives him a soft smile and squeezes his hand. The doctors come back and talk Eadie through the medication they're putting her on. She just wants to know when she can go back to her room with Pavel and McCoy makes her stay another half day. She's a little drowsy going back to their room but glad to be out of medbay. Pavel helps her into bed and she asks him to lie down beside her.

"Can we rest a while? I'm still tired."

He kisses her cheek softly and she pulls him close. They start kissing and he remembers how much he missed her taste. Her lips feel so much softer than he remembers. He swears he could never get sick of kissing her. Their lips dance a little and she digs her fingers into his hair. He lets a soft moan escape his lips and her eyes open in surprise.

"I'm sorry," he quickly says.

"Oh, don't be. I like that I can do that."

"I... I want to try and... I don't know, sorry. Forget I said anything."

"Do you want to try a little further...?"

His cheeks are heating up but he nods, not sure how to proceed. She takes his hand and puts it on her side, just beside her breast. It's an invitation he can take if he wants to. She goes back to kissing him to try and ease his nerves and she tangles her fingers in his hair again. It takes a few minutes, but he kisses her just a little harder and moves his hand on top of her chest. She smiles into their kiss and he swears his heart is going to burst through his ribcage.

"You did it," she says softly, stroking the side of his face.

"I did," he smiles, bringing both his hands back up to her face. He kisses her once more.

"I'm so sleepy. I'd love to stay awake and kiss you, but we can do that when we wake up, right?"

"Of course," he says in Russian, kissing her forehead and stretching himself out. "Sleep well, my love."

Morning is nice. They wake up without any bad dreams or medical ailments. Pavel holds Eadie close and kisses her forehead before drifting in and out of sleep. They don't know what their day holds and somehow, they don't mind. Pavel's whole body feels warm and he has Eadie snoozing on his chest. He spends a little time appreciating the soft bed and how for eight months, this was all he dreamed about.

They have breakfast together and speak in Romanian. Pavel wants to spend a little more time in engineering and he feels like going for a run. Eadie has little interest in running but asks if he uses the holodeck and suggests he runs and she skates. She hasn't roller-skated in years but it seems like something fun to do and after a good night's sleep and a nice meal, she feels a little unstoppable.

Eadie can tell Pavel has something on his mind once they're finished breakfast but before she can ask, he blurts out asking if they can have a shower together and Eadie blinks back at him.

"With swimwear on? I feel like we aren't exactly at the seeing each other naked point yet."

"I was planning to suggest that," he says softly. "But yes. It'd just be nice to be that close to you in the water like that. We don't have to, I was just-"

"I'd love to," she interrupts. "I think it'd be really nice."