"Shards Of Love"

Jess was walking in her room back and forth, she didn't knew why but something was making her uncomfortable, as she turned around for the nth time Joohyun clasped her hand.

"Just sit down" 

After taking a seat she zoned out once again fiddling with the buttons of her shirt, Joohyun continue staring at her. 

 "You said you believe him then why are you being like this?" she stood in front of her,

 "There were times, when you doubted him and you regret them till the present day, right?" she nodded and sighed causing Joohyun to grasp her arm making her stand up.

"Now get ready"

CHAPTER 24 : SHARDS OF LOVE

"I never should have held you hand on that cold rainy night,

Cause further along it'd cause another goodbye."

- soul mate who wasn't meant to be

"One glass of bear please" 

Joohyun sat beside a man who apparently was Zac, he turned around observing something over her shoulder, probably looking for Jess but ended up turning his head once again.

She wanted to have a conversation with him, as Jess told her about everything, she didn't wanted to doubt him but somewhere things have been a bit complicated.

"How is she ?" Zac initiated while grabbing his glass, he sounded sober. 

"I guess she is better, she will be arriving sooner or later" she replied.

"Can I ask you about what happened this morning" Joohyun initiated after a while.

Zac stared in the midst of air, things were messing up more than before, and right now he wanted to clear it all as soon as possible.

"Let's have a walk outside " He stood up and grabbed his coat, asking her to follow him.

Surrounding was cold signalling presence of winter season, holding a cold beer can in her hand she observe the boy who was folding his arms , his head was hanging low as if he is debating on some thoughts, both of them were sitting on a bench around the roof. 

"I lied about something to her" he finally let out cautiously.
"But I only wanted it to be like a white lie. I don't want things to mess up like this all the time" his head hung further low.

"A lie is a lie, it always cause a mess, making it a white lie won't turn it into something trustworthy" Joohyun let out after placing the empty can on the ground.

After a long pause she finally spoke her mind.
"Are you truly sincere with her?" her words were more like a statement, but she wanted to ask him this for a long while,  Zac heaved a sigh.

"Yes I'm. I love her. I guess I'm trying my best on this account, but something always goes wrong." he looked pretty frustrated. 

 "I didn't have anything with Stacy, it was long ago and all the people knew about it I'm surprised she didn't", he pressed the bear can in his hand.