"Conflated together"

Huffing through her breathes, Jess cursed herself, as Zac wasn't in his dorms, nor anywhere else, her last hope was the studio where all of them would be getting ready for there performances. it was 9:30 pm to be exact, as she entered in the room Halsey grabbed her by arm.

"God! Jess, why are you sweating , take a shower you have a freaking performance you need to get ready by then"

Jess asked her about Zac but she exited out already, male and female make up rooms were far apart, and thus both of them will be taken in different cabs to the main hall.

She sighed getting reminded of her performance, she was afraid, 

What if Zac won't perform with her.

Rina and Adam had the same choreography , and as she was well aware about Zac's persistent, her hopes about seeing him kept getting low.

"Please be there!"

Chapter 32: Conflated together

If I had the time until the day we die
For you I'll try 

-ghost

Walking down the stairs, she gave a last glance to herself, dressed in a white knee length dress with hair flaunting on her shoulder, this was the day she had desired most in her life. She should feel happy, but there was something missing, someone missing, and with his absence the smile on her face was long lost.

Jess entered the mini lift that took her to the stage, the doors were see through, she observed how Halsey was smiling brightly while giving her a thumbs up, she mustered up a grin on her face as the sight in front of her kept getting small.

Loud cheers and bright light welcomed her, the hall was ignited with anticipation, causing her to squint.

She was standing on one side of the stage, a tune raised again causing a person to appear on the other side, he was facing her not leaving any chance of looking at her, and at that moment she felt all the odds were in her favor, the lights get feverish as a spot light highlighted on both of them.

' Zac '  she whispered underneath her breath taking cautious steps towards him, 
 The applause of the audience died down, there gazes remained locked.

Right before your eyes,
I'm aching, no past
Nowhere to hide,
Just you and me

He held her hand and pulled her towards him, in that moment she knew she would never let him go ever again, the music cued and he turned his body swaying along with the slow music.