The Grand Pix

Tonight was the Grand Pix. My parents had allowed me to invite some friends from school over so we could all watch it together.

I poured a bunch of chips into different bowls and placed them on the table next to a bunch of dip choices. In the kitchen sat about 5 different types of soda, bowls of fruit with fruit seasonings, pocky, popcorn, and granola bars. We had also bought a bunch of ice cream. Music played softly on the Alexa.

I sat down on the couch and quickly texted all my friends who were in the Grand Pix good luck.

"You're really taking this night seriously, aren't you?" My mom asked as she walked into the living room with me.

"Some of my closests friends are in the biggest competition of their lives tonight, yes I'm very excited," I smiled at her. No matter how mad I still was, I couldn't be salty about it tonight. For... all my friends.

Soon enough my friends showed up and we all sat on the couches and chairs with plates crowded with food on our laps and plastic cups littering the table with our names scribbled in sharpies.

"I can't believe you actually are friends with these guys!" one of my friends said.

"You still talk to these guys right?!"

"Hey Y/n, didn't Victor and Yuuri get you that jacket you're wearing?" One asked about the cat jacket I wore.

"Yeah they did," I smiled. I brought my hand up and felt the soft jacket again then I began messing with the necklace that Yuri had given me.

We all quieted down as J.J began his skate. I watched nervously as he began. I held my pillow close to me and whenever he messed something up I would squeeze the pillow tighter. Who would I want to win?

Next up was Phichit.

Then Otebek.

Then Yuuri came out. I watched in amazement as Yuuri did his performance so perfectly.
When he started crying I held my breath. Then they got to the kiss and cry and I was ready to start crying myself. He had come so far.
Then they announced that he had beat Victors record. I clasped my hand over my mouth as tears filled my eyes.
"He did it."

Finally Yuri came out.
"I bet your cheering for him the most aren't you y/n," b/f/n smirked at me. I ignored her.

I watched him closely. Every now and then I would wipe a tear or two away from eyes or cheeks as I watched him.
When he finished his routine he broke into tears. They then announced he had barley beat Yuri's record.

The tears now streamed down my face as I watched him cry. Then it cut to them getting their awards.

Soon everyone ended up leaving. I quickly called Yuri.
"Hello?"
"Oh my gosh I saw you tonight!" I cried into the phone as tears still streamed down my face.

"Are you actually crying!?"
"Yes you idiot!"
I could hear him laughing lightly.
"Shut up, you deserved that gold more then anyone. I couldn't hold my tears in after you broke down,"
"Oh... they showed that..."
"Yes! God you can be a damn idiot sometimes,"

"Hey y/n... thanks for calling, I have to go right now but I'll probably talk to you later... bye" he said and he quickly hung up before I could say anything else.
I then called everyone else and congratulated them all.
I laid down on my bed and sighed happily.
Yuri got that gold medal.
Could I have won the Grand Pix for the females if I would have stayed?
Those thoughts echoed my head until I heard a light knocking on my door.
"Yeah?"
My mom opened the door and walked over.

"Your father and I have been talking, and after seeing you like this tonight I believe we have made the right decision," she said.
"What decision?"
"We are going to let you go back to skating competitively again, so better get practicing before next season," she smiled.