The offer

I sat in the backseat of the car while my mom and dad sat up front driving me to the ice rink. 3 months ago I had discovered an ice rink only an hour from my house, every day since then I beg my parents to take me there and they do when I'm not babysitting my siblings. I starred at my outfit I normally skate in: a loose shirt and leggings, my parents don't want to spend more money on something I may give up any minute now.

"Alright y/n, me and your father are going to run some errands for a little bit, do you have your phone," my mom asked

"Yup, and I'll have the volume up all the way for when you call or text me," I said holding my phone up, then I put it in my purse, the only reason I have my purse is that I don't want to lose my money.

"Ok be good and be safe," she said.

"I will, bye mom bye dad," I said happily while climbing out of the car, and before they had a chance to say anything else I closed the door. oops, I thought. I waved bye to them as I walked towards the door.

I walked over to the front desk to see a guy just a bit older then me "well there you are" he mumbled "hey whats with the attitude" I asked "you're the only one who comes to this dump, and I cant go on break before I give you your stupid skates" he snapped "well I'm sorry but I had to do chores-" I was saying but he cut me off "I don't care just take your stupid skates" he snapped "fine fine fine" I said as I handed him the money for my pair he lazily threw them at me "jerk" I mumbled.

I walked over and took my phone out of my purse and threw the purse on a chair, I climbed and sat on the wall of the rink as I put my skates on. I carefully climbed off the wall onto the ice and took my phone and went on youtube, I went on a playlist and I turned it on and set it on loop, I put it on the wall. There was an add long enough for me to get in the middle of the rink. When the song started I started skating the way Victor did in his last competition.

Start the song now

After the song ended I stayed in my ending stance. I was breathing hard but when the song started up again I started practicing moves I've seen on tv. I started to get the feeling someone was watching me but I brushed it aside, No one ever comes here even the workers are gone most the time. I continued to skate.

After multiple times of practicing certain moves I needed to improve on and copying routines I saw on TV, I heard clapping from behind me. The sudden sound scared me causing me to slip onto the ice.

"Ouch" I yelped, but I looked at who clapped and I saw three people standing on the other side of the rink.

Two guys and one woman, the woman and one of the guys seemed to be a couple while the second guy looked about my age, I starred shocked at them

"W-w-who a-are y-you" I stuttered.

"Oh right, sorry for scaring you, madam. My name is Cody, this is my wife Alexis, and my son Benny" the man introduced, I cautiously stood up being careful not to slip, I then skated over towards them, I noticed Benny was looking at me like he was studying my looks he wore a smirk that made me a little uncomfortable, Alexis had a bright smile that made her seem like a child, Cody had a stiff smile like he was acting polite.

I starred at them "my name is y/n" I finally said as I remembered I hadn't introduced myself yet.

"well miss y/n, we would love for you to join skating team," Alexis said happily I looked at her confused "where we train young skaters like yourself, and we think you have the potential to become a professional ice skater" she explained. She handed me a card "here's our business card, give us a call if you decide to join" she said

"Thanks" I mumbled as I took the card.

Then suddenly I remembered My song was still playing "I- I- I'll be r-right b back" I stuttered as I quickly skated towards my phone and paused the song, but soon as I paused it my mom texted me

'hey we are in the parking lot'

I sighed as I turned to the people.

"I'll ask my parents, uh I gotta go their here" I called over to them

"well alright bye," Cody and Alexis said at the same time, Benny just stayed quiet. I quickly took off my skates and put my shoes on. I shoved my phone and the card in my purse. I quickly threw the skates on the desk as I rushed out of the building.

I sat in the car silently, My parents were chatting, but I was just trying to listen to the music and get lost in it. But the radio was turned down so low and they were chatting so loudly I couldn't hear the music, so I just let myself get lost in my thoughts. So how am I going to tell mom and dad about the offer? What if they say no. I have to babysit a lot so there's a huge chance I won't be able to. Maybe I can just take them with me. But they don't like anything I like. Oh my gosh, I may not get to do this will I- My thoughts were cut off by my dad.

"Hey y/n you've been extra quiet for a bit, which is very strange since after you get back in the car you usually are rambling all about what you did" my dad pointed out.

"O-oh yeah, I'm fine" I smiled but then I turned back to look out the window. I started mentally listing all the things I thought I was really into but gave up: Gymnastics, dancing, soccer, drama, band, competitive swimming, dodgeball, every instrument I tried learning, and the list continues still. But ice skating is different than those. It's the first thing I'm actually good at, it gets me exercise and that's something new.

"Hey, mom and dad, I have something I need to talk to you both about," I said as a grew slightly more confidence. I ended up explaining to them about the people at the rink.

"Well Y/n, we are going have to think about that, don't be disappointed though if we say no," My mom said.

"Understandable, thanks guys!" I smiled.