your reaction to your mothers death - black widow

this chapter also includes the stone mission...

——————————

I was in charge of getting the Aether with Thor and Rocket. While Uncle Clint and Mom had to go get the Soul Stone, Cap, Tony, Scott and Bruce had the New York Stones and Rhodey and Nebula had the Purple One.

    We tiptoed through the Asguardian Palace ways. Fat Thor and Rocket were in front of me.

   "So like, where is Jane?" I asked Thor curiously.

"I don't remember." Thor responded. Rocket and I rolled our eyes.

"Then where are we going?" I asked him. He stopped and turned around to face me. Rocket jumped onto a bannister to reach Thor's line of sight.

"There's this amazing Wine in the cellar, it's been aged for more than a thousand years." He replied.

"You gotta be shitting me." I sighed.

"Well I think Imma actually gonna go find Jane, I don't know about you guys." I replied as I started walking the other way. I suddenly heard about ten footsteps coming from the way I was about to go.

    A beautiful aged woman was being followed by probably her servants. She looked like a queen.

"Who's she?" I asked Thor.

"Yeah, who's the beautiful old lady?" Rocket replied sarcastically.

"She's my mother. She dies today." Thor replied.

"Why!?" I asked him.

"Dark Elf's attack Asguard today." Thor replied as if it was the calmest thing ever.

"There's a surprise attack happening, which means we have little time left, and the most important thing to you right now is a fucking wine!" I yelled at him angrily. "I swear to God. We're on an important mission now! The fate of half the universe is in our hands!"

"I just wanted to see my mom, god damn it." Thor replied as he started to tear up. Rocket pinched the bridge of his nose.

"Look at me." Rocket replied. When Thor didn't Rocket slapped his face harshly. "I lost the only family I had. Quill, Drax, Groot, antenna girl. They're semi gone, but your mom is gone gone. There are more than a million more people who are semi gone and we have the opportunity to bring them back. So will you please man up and help us." Rocket lectured him.

  "Ok." Thor said in between sobs. We turned and started walking forward. We saw someone open a door and accept something quietly.

   "Is that Jane?" Rocket asked Thor. Silence was all that followed. We both looked back to be met with air.

   "I'm gonna kill the guy." I replied as I turned a corner.

   I was face to face with a beautiful woman dressed in Asguardian attire.

  "May I ask who you are?" She said in her thick Asguardian accent.

  "Yo where are you (y/n)." I heard Rocket ask. I quickly turned around to see him standing there. "Oh there you are."

"Is that your rabbit?" I heard the lady ask.

"Oh yes!" I answered in my best imitation of an Asguardian accent. I bent down and scooped Rocket up in my arms. "This is my little rabbit! Precious is he?!"

"Can I pet him?" She asked. I nodded fancily, even though I don't know if that is even possible. She started petting Rocket. "What's his name?"

"Oh, it's...." I looked down as I thought of something. "Tony. His name is Tony." I replied as I looked at her.