Chapter 18

“Are we there yet?” Jeremy asked after a couple of hours flying, “She needs urgent help!”

            “Almost,” Apollo sighed, shifting Amanda’s weight from one shoulder to the other, “It’s not my fault Asclepius wasn’t in the night sky. He must be back from his vacation in the stars.”

            “So that’s his name, is it?” Jeremy responded, nervously eyeing Amanda, not completely trustful that Apollo wouldn’t drop her, “I doubt even the god of medicine can fix her, but we can hope. At least if she dies, she’ll die a heroic death. Are you sure all that stuff really happened, with Echidna, and Iris, and the monsters? You’re not just kidding me, right?”

            “Pessimist,” Apollo mumbled under his breath, as they continued flying, “Don’t you dare insult my son. Well, anyway, we’ll be there any minute. He is currently residing in a cancer research facility as a doctor, posing as a mortal. I believe his alias is Jonathan Asclepius. Not that clever a name, really. I should have raised him better than that. He just added an American name to his Greek name.”

            “Just shut up for a minute, will ya?” Jeremy glared at his companion, “We’re here to get help from him, not judge him. If he hears us, he might decide not to help Amanda!”

            “He’s my son,” Apollo shrugged, “He can’t refuse me.”

            “Technically, he can,” Jeremy grunted. “Just like Kronos defeated his father Uranus to become Lord of the Gods, and my father, Zeus, overthrew Kronos, his father, for the same reasons. By the way, are we there yet?”

            “Oh, be quiet already,” Apollo frowned, “We’re almost there.”