Chapter 23

“Well, here we are,” Ursa led them into a large room with a full wall covered with green screen. In the corner there was a small recording booth, “Stay here. I’ll be right back.”

            About a minute later, she appeared through the doorway, “Prepare to die,” she snarled in a perfectly American accent, as she ripped of her bandana to reveal snakes covered in bandages where her hair should be.

            “Shield your eyes! It’s Medusa!” Apollo yelled, and they all closed their eyes just in time, before Medusa had the chance to pull off her shades.

            “Brothers, sisters, mother, come in,” the moment she said this, monsters of all shapes and sizes filed into the room one by one.

            “I remember, now!” Amanda screamed, “Let me fight! This was supposed to be MY battle!”

            “Lock her in the photo booth!” Jeremy yelled to Apollo, and Apollo swiftly did so, “We can’t have her in harm’s way!”

            Amanda banged on the glass, but was too weak to break it. Eventually, she just gave up, shut her eyes, and leaned against the wall.

            “Still got that lightning bolt?” Apollo wondered.

            “Yup,” Jeremy responded, pulling it out of his pocket.

            “Then what are you waiting for?” an impatient Apollo screamed, “Shoot them!”

            “Good thinking!” Jeremy yelled back over the roar of monsters screaming as the lightning bolt reduced them to ash little by little, “I think they’re all gone.”

            “Good,” Apollo smiled, brushing the ash off of his shirt and pants, “Get Amanda out of the booth. I have the charmspeak megaphone. Let’s begin the broadcast.”