Chapter 20

Martinus' Pov

I listen to Mary, and I can't believe her. A tear runs through her cheek but she seems like she doesn't care.

My jaw drops from what she says. All these can't be true.

-Martinus believe me...It was my fault from the start...but I couldn't think clearly.

-Mary do you even understand what you are doing? Are you waiting from me to help you or something?

-I am not expecting from you to help me...I mean obviously not. I don't even know why i said to you everything...If my boss learns about it..I don't even know what will happen. I just felt like I should tell you because YOU are the one who has stolen my heart. Not Marcus.

My heart beats a bit faster in her words.

-Just tell everyone the truth. I will be with you..

-No Martinus. This can't happen. You know the whole story...I have to protect my family

-Mary...Marcus is my brother. I will protect him from all this. 

She nodds and then looks at me with red eyes

-I know. I know that you will probably tell him everything. For you, Marcus is more important than my dad. If I was you, I would slap me. You can do it. I won't criticise you...I deserve it anyways.

I take a deep breath and show her my hand.

She closes her eyes and doesn't move cause she probably thought that I would really slap her or hurt her.

I wrapp my hands around her.

-I would never hurt you. I just wanted to give me Marcus' phone.

I wisper to her ear.

-I will tell him that I was the one who took it.

She looks at me suprised.

-Why? I mean...why will you help me after everything that I told you? Won't you tell them to Marcus?

-I promised to keep it secret in the start of our conversation. And as long as nothing real happens between you and Marcus...and as long as Kamelia is okay...I will keep my promise.

I feel her lips crashing to mine and I immediately start tasting her lips.

Marcus' Pov

I am with Kamelia back to where everyone else is. I searched for Mary but I couldn't find her.

Kamelia is talking with Marte and Emma comes and hugs me

-Didn't you see me on the stage? You were not here when I came back

-Sorry for this Emma...I saw you only in the start. But you rocked it from the first second

-Kamelia was missing too...so if you did what I imagine...It is okay

She says and smirks. I laugh a bit and then say

-Just don't say it to anyone. I mean...dont say it generally about me and Kamelia. Not to mum and dad either. It is a secret. Only you and Martinus knows about it

-Why didn't you say it to mum and dad?

-Cause....I don't know. Maybe dad will say it to Marte...and if Marte learns about it...I don't know what will happen.

She winks at me and I give her a quick hug

-Oh Emma...where is Martinus?

-I don't know...he was here some minutes ago. But he will come back cause he promised me that we will do some Tik Toks.