5.

Jasper took Axel back to the house.

The boys were tense as Jasper carried Axel up the stairs to the house. They had ran there which was the proof that Axel needed.

"I'll get the others." The blonde haired boy whispered before going inside.

"I'll be here." He said as the vampire went into the house. The rain had started trickling down. He swore that Nib was comfortable sleeping at the house.

"Axel." Alice cried hugging him. The human hugged back pulling her closer than normal.

"It's nice to have you back." Emmett said with a smirk.

Esme had a sad smile on her face as she hugged him and Alice.

"I'm sorry..." He whispered to Esme.

"I should've stayed with you. I won't lose another son." She whispered in his ear. He nodded leaning his head on her.

"So... Vampires?" He smirked making Emmett chuckle.

"Yes, all of us are." Emmett stated

"Jasper is the newest vegetarian in our group which is why he is uncomfortable with humans." Carlisle added.

"Sorry, Jazz." Ax said softly making the vampire in question turn away.

"It's fine."

"Do I smell good?" He asked snickering.

Alice nodded sniffing him, "Very good."

The human blushed brightly, "I wasn't expecting an answer like that."
------

That night, he stayed at the Cullen's house under Edward's watch since he could apparently read minds.

"Why are you so distrusting?" Edward asked him.

"You don't just ask a human that, Eddie." He retorted laying down and looking out the window at the sky. It was glimmering with stars.

"I guess you're right but I just wanna help you out."

Ax raised his head up from Edward's couch. They stared at each other for a moment.

"I see... I'm sorry that happened to you." Edward said softly getting up and exiting the room to contain himself.

Ax sat for a moment breathing heavy before suddenly calming. He looked down to see a blue aura around his body. It reminded him of...

"Jasper." He called out.

The vampire in question opened the door and looked at him.

"Whatever you're doing. Stop." Jasper's eyes widened and the aura disappeared.

As soon as the aura disappeared the panic came back at full force.

"You're scared." He said shaking off the surprise.

"And you're calming me." Ax added making Jazz nod. The blue aura came back and Jasper's body was covered in a similar color.

"Sleep, Axel. We can talk in the morning." He followed the vampire's instructions and slept peacefully.
--------

Ax yawned as he woke up and saw his normal bedroom.

"Was it a dream, Nibs?" He groaned stretching and getting dress. The pup walked at his side eagerly.

He took a shower, brushed his hair and teeth before getting dressed

He grabbed his board and prepared to go outside until he heard a loud knock on his window

He grabbed his board and prepared to go outside until he heard a loud knock on his window. He investigated to see Emmett waving.

"Emmett." He opened the window and the vampire jumped in.

"Come on, we're talking you to school." He said grabbing his backpack and Nibbles' bag.

"Oh, I wasn't informed."

"Yes, you were, just now. Come." He jumped down and Ax rushed downstairs turning off all the lights. He walked out to see the Jeep.

Alice waved at him from the driver's seat. He waved back with a smile.

Edward wasn't there like normal and Ax couldn't help but feel relieved.
-----

The drive was mostly quiet as everyone seemed more interested in the scenery outside. Ax watched Alice with a light pink blush on his face.

Nibs sat happily in his lap and occasionally jumping into Jasper's.

"Nib likes you." Ax commented making Jasper look down at the pooch.

"I guess so." He commented petting her head.

"Friends?" Ax held out a hand and Jasper shook it.

"Friends." Alice looked at them through the mirror grinning.
------------

School was normal until Alice left with Edward lunch. Jasper said that they were hunting and Ax didn't question it.

"Hey, do you wanna get a milkshake after school?" Ax asked Jasper as they began the fitnessgram push up section.

Down! Up! 23.

"I would be fine with that." He replied.

Down! Up! 24.

"I can't go on anymore." He fell on his face.

"24." He wrote down.

"You're just gonna complete the entire thing." Ax groaned.
------

It was a fulfilled prophecy. Jasper and Rosalie passed 80 and kept going. The girls cheered on Rosalie as the guys cheered Jasper on.

In the end, the coach stopped it at 100 and that's what was put on their papers.

"My body wasn't ready." Ax groaned.

"Is it ready now?" Jasper asked chuckling.

"Nope, give it a few years."
-------

They went to Sully's Burgers and ordered a vanilla shake. Jasper gave him a look.

"Get food."

"Fine. Can I have a burger with bacon and cheese?"

"Sure, that will be 8.25." Jasper passed her a $10 bill before Ax could even get his wallet out.

"Hey!" He huffed.

"I'm buying you a meal to be polite." Jasper retorted and the girl laughed.

"You make it look like we're dating." He growled crossing his arms.

"Do friends not buy each other meals?" Jasper questioned looking at him curiously as they stepped out of line.

"Yes... But... Shut up, Jasper." He huffed walking towards a table. The vampire laughed a bit.