8. 🌑

1 month later

Bella walked into the Cullen household early in the morning and was greeted by Axel watching a movie.

"What's that?"

"Corpse Bride. New movie that came out on blueray." He stated eating a piece of bacon.

"Ax, are you eating?" Jasper asked walking out of the bathroom as water dripped from his curly hair.

"Yea, Bella wants some bacon."

"No, I'm vegetarian."

"You need more than those leaves." Axel said passing a piece of crispy bacon towards her. She takes it and closes her eyes.

"It's so good that I'm upset with you." She glared at Axel as he laughed.

Jasper sighed drying his hair but it still dripped in places.

"We'll go to Paul's and finally get this case." Bella sighed sitting on the couch, "It's bittersweet. I feel like I wasted a bit of my life but I'm glad I saw Texas."

"How was it?" Jasper said in a slight accent making Bella's eyes widen.

"You have a- Wait, Jasper say 'Sweet mother of god'." Axel asked excitely cutting Bella off.

"Why?"

"Just do it."

"Sweet mother of god." He said in his southern accent. Bella's face went up in flames and Axel smirked.

"I need to go." Bella said walking outside behind the Cullen house.

Axel laughed, "Too sexy for her."

"My accent?"

"Oh. Yea." He said slowly nodding

Jasper chuckled shaking his head.
------------

The two mates sat a lake silently looking as the fish poked their heads above water. Axel could see a turtle amongst the fish. The water parted for his greenish brown swirled shell.

Axel pulled the case from his fanny pack. "I always looked at this and I finally understand."

"It's in mirror writing. Carved into the material. It's genius." Jasper admired the parted ashed. Right in the center in gold lettering.

boold ɿυoγ ni ƨɈI .ƨɘvlow ɘʜɈ bniᆿ

"Find the wolves. It's in your blood." Axel read in the lake's reflection.

"Wow, your dad was an amazing man." Jasper put the ashes back into the case.

(A/N: I can actually mirror write and I just make codes all the time lol.)

"Yea, I miss him. He wanted to take us to Canada and she ruined everything. He promised me all my favorite toys and my own room so that we wouldn't have to share."  Axel grabbed a cigarette and sparked his lighter despite how low it was on fluid.

"That's a bad habit. Can I try?" Jasper asked contradicting himself.

"If It's such a bad habit then why do it?"

"I'm a vampire. Never got to smoke when I was alive. Tobacco was common in the south but I was constantly on the move."

"I don't have lighter fluid but here." He put the cigarette in Jasper's mouth and drew close.

"What are you-" The tip of the two cigarettes melded together and the unlit cig began burning.

"I don't normally do this. I like my bad boy image. You make me feel like a pussy." Jasper chuckled at that as Axel turned back towards the lake.