Only In The Spur Of The Moment

This chapter started a month before the present time.

~~~~~~~~~~

Daigo Kurogami~

"Daigo! Boy I've missed you so much~! I just want to hug, hold, and kiss you~!" The bright blue haired boy had screamed in somewhat of a form of a greeting, grasping me in a tight embrace.

"Ugh, Ukyo, let go of me, damn it!" I shouted, prying myself from his grasp. Valt just stood there, laughing awkwardly.

"So, uh, who's this?" He asked as I finally escaped Ukyo's grip.

"This is my clingy ex-boyfriend, Ukyo. It's that one guy I told you about." I reassured my boyfriend.

"Ooh. Got it. No reason for me to be worried, right?" He whispers into my ear, earning a light chuckle from me.

"Of course. There is nothing to be worried about. I love you, and only you." I placed a gentle kiss on his forehead. He nodded and smiled at me.

"What are you two whispering about?" Ukyo barges into the conversation, startling both me and Valt.

"Can we just order something, please? Isn't that why you work here, Ukyo?" I mumble completely annoyed.

It was me and Valt's one month anniversary of being together. He said he wanted to go out, so I agreed. But what I didn't expect was that Ukyo would be the waiter of this restaurant.

"Sure, my love~." The overly energetic light blue haired boy said, blowing a kiss in my direction, earning glances from other tables. He twirled around and left to grab some menus.

"Ugh. Now you see why I broke up with him?" I asked my boyfriend, disgust evident in my voice.

"Yeah. I would've broken up with him too if I were you." He nodded. Suddenly, the turquoise eye'd boy appeared behind Valt and patted his head with that menus.

"Now is that any way to treat someone you don't know?" Ukyo pouted, handing the menus to us.

"Cut it out, Ukyo. This is my new boyfriend, so treat him better." I said, standing up and grabbing Valt's wrist. "Forget about this, Valt. Let's go somewhere else, okay? How about we get some ice cream?"

"Okay." Valt nodded, noting the desperation in my voice. I really couldn't handle being near Ukyo.

"Wait! I'm sorry, Daigo. I'm just..." I glared at the bright blue haired boy who had tears forming in his eyes, "I'm not over you."

"Well, I'm over you. Move on and forget about me." I murmured, dragging Valt to the exit.

Yeah, I'm over Ukyo now. I have Valt, and Valt is all I need. Right?

~~~

The sun was setting, sending beautiful oranges, golds, and yellows across the cloudless skies. It was getting late, so after I took Valt out I had decided to go buy some groceries. I was still feeling a bit fazed by my encounter with Ukyo. I hadn't seen him in years, and now that I finally saw him, my mind was going crazy. Why do I care so much? Why am I so disturbed by him? I sighed and continued walking to my apartment, which wasn't far from the store. It was only a few blocks away, and it was good exercise.

But when I got there, the entrance was covered in police tape and police officers, including Valt.

"Valt! What happened?" I asked walking up to him.

"I'm not supposed to tell you much, but supposedly, Red Eye was here. And he was spotted jumping out of your apartment." He whispered the last part, whole sentence unnerving me. What could I possibly have done to make Red Eye come for me?

"But that's impossible! My apartment is on the 80th floor!" I was completely shocked. I didn't know what I could have done to make Red Eye so pissed.

"I know... You are so lucky to have been gone. He could have killed you..." Valt said with tearful eyes.

"Hey, hey. Shh, I'm still alive and I'm okay." I grabbed the small boy and hugged him tightly as he cried into my shoulder. We stayed like that until he pushed out of my grasp to look at me dead in the eyes.

"What did you do? Why is Red Eye targeting you now? As far as we know, he only targets people who have done terrible things, so what did you do?" He asks quietly. I am left only to wonder what I did.

"Honestly, I don't know."

~~~
PRESENT TIME
~~~

"Please don't kill me! I didn't do anything wrong, I swear!" I screamed at the terrifying man standing before me with a cheap knife in his hands. It was Christmas eve and I said I would spend it with Valt. But I didn't. I had spent the whole day with Ukyo, and Valt knew.

"Sorry, but you're a witness, and I can't have you alive." His deep and dark voice rumbles through the clear day, sirens almost wailing over it.

"Surrender! Put your hands above your head and surrender!" A blonde with a lollipop screamed, rushing inside my apartment. Red Eye stuck the knife in my side quickly before jumping from the 80th floor window and disappearing once again, taking only one of my belongings with him. My engagement ring for...

~~~~~~~~~~

Hehehe. Heyo. Hope you enjoyed this chapter!

To be continued...