Red Eye

Valt Aoi~

Once again, the perpetrator escapes, leaving a fresh bloody corpse behind and scarlet rose petals covering the widened eyes of the victim.

That's where we got the idea to name the murderer, Red Eye. They had always left rose petals over the eyes of the victim. And not just any rose petals, blood-red rose petals.

"Damn!" My captian, Free De La Hoya, slams his hands down on the table of the victim's home, which is covered in blood and crumpled papers soaked in the crimson liquid, "We lost them again!"

"It's okay. We'll get 'em next time." Sargent Shasa reassures Free, patting him on the back. He just gives the bood stained table a death glare and sighs heavily. My lieutenant, Rantaro Kiyama, nibbles hardly on the stick of his lollipop, and looks down at the victim in shame. I sigh at the sight of my squad, and shut my eyes tightly. Damn, first my girlfriend breaks up with me, and now Red Eye has successfully murdered another person.

True, Red Eye is a well known murder of this day, but the thing is, is that they only murder people considered "bad". No one knows about Red Eye's motives, but all I know is that at lease he's helping out us officers.

~~~

"I'm goin' out for a drink. Anyone wanna come with?" I sluggishly ask my squad in the changing room, and they all whip their heads around to stare at me confused.

"Since when do you drink?" The tall blonde delinquent-like boy, Rantaro, asks, ruffling the dark blue locks attached to my scalp.

"Yeah, what he said." Shasa points to Rantaro in agreement.

"I've decided, I'm gonna try it!" I exclaim halfheartedly due to the major heartbreak I'm going through, and the failure of my job.

"If you're planning on getting drunk, you're gonna need one of us with you to keep you from doing something absolutely stupid." Free deadpanned, tearing his blood stained shirt off.

~~~

In the end, I had miraculously convinced the three of them to come to the bar with me and chug down some of the bitter drinks. I never realized that beer could taste like total sh¡t, or even worse. As of right now, Shasa was balbbering about how terrible her single woman life was to one of the bartenders, Rantaro was making out with some random woman with giant titties in the corner of the room, and Free was chugging down some more drinks next to me. He glares at his glass of beer and sighs.

"What's up?" I ask him sluggishly. When I get no reply, I ask the bartender for another drink.

"I'm failing. We were supposed catch Red Eye, not let whoever they are prance all over the city and kill people. We're fμcking B.C. Sol for cryin' out loud. We're the invincible squad everyone looks up to, and we're choking on this goddamned mission." He blurts after a good three minutes.

"Oh... Well, at least your girlfriend didn't break up with you before our failure. She freaking texted me saying that I was probably cheating on her instead of working." I blab to him.

"Yeah, she got with me. She said you were too boring." Free admits, causing my face to burn red with anger.

"You guys did what!?" I practically scream.

"I'm with your ex. Big deal." I slap Free in the face and get up from my stool to leave.

"You're an a$$, Free." I drop some money onto the counter and leave Free sitting there, mouth agape in shock of getting slapped.

~~~

I unlock the door to my apartment, and flop onto my couch, grunting at the impact of the fall that I wasn't expecting. This is just amazing. I suck at my job, my friend took my girl, and I'm drunk as fμck.

"Argh!" I scream into the pillow which decorates my couch.

"Hah, hah, hah..." I hear someone panting. WHAT THE LITERAL H€LL!? WASN'T I SUPPOSED TO BE HOME ALONE!? I get up from my couch and finally see it. I gasp at what I see, and I pinch myself to make sure that I'm not dreaming.

Red Eye, was sitting under my shattered window, injured, and unconscious. Curiosity was all that I could remember. I shuffled my way over to the limp body surrounded by shards of glass, and I feel my heart stop. I lick my numb lips, and slowly peel off the mask, revealing a face I've seen on TV millions of times. It can't be.

"Shu Kurenai..." I whisper in disbelif. He opens his scarlet red eyes, and punches me straight in the neck. But before I go unconscious, I take a shard of glass and slice one of his beautiful crimson eyes. I hear a pained scream before I black out.

Shu Kurenai, my idol, is Red Eye.

~~~~~~~~~~

I'm really excited to write this story. I already have an amazing plot planned out, and I can't wait to write it out.

To be continued...