Painful Truth

Valt Aoi~

It was so messed up. It couldn't possibly be true. The thought just made me want to faint. I couldn't believe that my Shu Kurenai was possibly the most famous murderer in Japan. It made me want to just puke my guts out. It was a terrifyingly painful truth.

"BEEEP!"

~~~

"Hey, Xander!" I exclaimed, waving like a maniac at my superior. He was an amazing officer, and I always looked up to him.

"Wassup, Valt!" He let out a bashful laugh, his body vibrating in sync with his booming laughter. He truly was an amazing person.

"I just finished training! I'm so excited to actually be an official police officer. I will finally be able to please my mother and father!" I beamed at the giant I had only met a week ago.

"Great! Actually, do you wanna come over to my place and have some pizza? The rest of my friends and I are having a party, and I wanna celebrate your graduation of high school!" He said, holding out his hand for a fist bumb.

"Aww yeah!" Little did I know that would be the last day I'd ever see my giant friend.

~~~

"Go Valt! Run!" He shouted above the roaring flames. There was no way I would leave him.

"No! I'm not going to leave you, Xander! Please, take my hand!" I screamed, smoke almost overtaking my lungs, tears escaping my burning eyes.

"I-I can't! I can't leave anyone else that could be alive in here! I'm so sorry!" And like that, my giant friend leaped back into the building and disappeared from my sight.

"XANDER!" I sobbed, clutching the vest he gave me in my blistering and callused hand. Looking around my surroundings, I see a blonde boy slowly shuffling away, face absolutely terrified.

~~~

"Beep. Beep. Beep."

Slowly, my eyes flutter open at the memory. Where am I? I sit upward, back drenched in warm sweat from the terrible dream-no, nightmare. I look down at the hand clutching my scarred one, trailing to a familiar face belonging to Shu. Peering down at his lovely features, I trace the scar on his right eye.

"Why did it have to be you? I would've wanted it to be anyone but you, but fate just had to make it you." I gloomily mumbled, "I love you... I'll do whatever it takes to make this right."

"Mmn... Valt!?" Shu yawned, finally waking up.

"Hey, Shu." I waved to him, firm lips suddenly meeting mine.

"I'm going to go get your doctor. I'll be right back. I love you!" He said smiling back and ruffled my hair before leaving.

It really was such a painful truth.

~~~~~~~~~~

Sorry that the chapter was short. I've currently been stuck in a car for seven hours, and I'm really tired. Sorry!!! 😥😥

To be continued...