Impostor

Shu Kurenai~

I couldn't believe my ears.

"Alright, I'll be at the hospital in fifteen minutes." I said before hanging up on the phone. Wakiya looks at me concerned and confused as to why I was going to the hospital.

"What's wrong, Shu?" He asked as I started tossing my sweat-drenched clothing into my bag. I was completely shaken up at this point, and I couldn't see clearly due to the tears welling up in my eyes.

"V-Valt.. was-.. hit by a car, a-and I'm going to see him."

...

...

...

And the tears fell.

"Oh sheat. Please just hurry up and go. Geez, don't cry. I'll clean up. Just go and see Valt." He hurriedly shoved me out the door and I immediately took that as a sign for me to hurry the fuck up and go see Valt.

Nononononononono. Not another person I want to cry over losing. Not another person I wanna watch lovingly just to end up regretting everything.

Not another person I love.

~~~

Days passed.

Nothing.

A week passed.

Nothing.

A month?

Nothing.

Valt wasn't going to wake up. It was all over.

"His chances of waking up are very low, sir. You might as well give up."

Placing the blooming roses in the vase, I watch as the droplets of water wash over the petals, falling only to hit the cool ceramic vase and meet the table beneath it to evaporate. No. Valt certainly was not going to wake up. Leaning over the thin boy who is stuck in a coma, I gently kiss his cheek and take his hand in mine.

"I love you, Valt. You have to wake up to hear me say it. Because..." I want you to hear me say it before something bad happens. I softly close my drooping eyes and give into a drowsy dreamless sleep, one thing ticking in my exhausted mind.

What were you doing with Zac?

~~~

"Mmn... Valt?" I yawned, opening my eyes to see a frail boy sitting upwards and trailing the scar on my eye.

"Hey, Shu." He smiled and waved to my dumbfounded self.

...

Valt was awake??

...

Oh my lord. "I'm going to go get your doctor. I'll be right back. I love you!" I practically scream in excitement, ruffling my lover's hair before rushing out the door.

Valt was okay. Valt was okay. My Valt was perfectly fine and was doing well.

~~~

It was the day after Valt had woken up, and he wasn't going to be discharged anytime soon. I was currently chatting with Valt in his room. But something was different. There was this thick tension in the room. It was so bloodily thick that you couldn't even cut it with the sharpest of knives.

"Hey, Valt... Is something wrong?" I asked, watching as the boy flinched at my words. Yeah. Something was downright wrong.

"Uhm... No. Why do you ask?" He shrugged, regaining his composure within seconds.

"I-I dunno. You seem more... Out of it." I lie.

"Oh. Maybe I was just a little tired. After all, I've been in a coma for a month." He chuckled, worry etched in his voice barely noticeable. He picked up his water cup from his tray and started sipping from the straw as if he was dying of hydration.

"What were you doing visiting Zac." At that, he choked on his water, coughing harshly at the water cought in his throat. After his coughing fit, he took a couple of glances at me, not wanting to look me in the eyes. Moments passed by, seconds feeling like mere hours.

"May I ask you something? And please, please answer truthfully. I need to make sure I can save you." He asked after a couple of dreadful minutes.

"Of course." I said, forceful smile crossing my lips, gulping a mouthful of cought saliva. What was he going to ask? Does he know? Does he know that I'm-

"Are you.. Red Eye?" He murmured. My eyes widened as the smaller boy's amber eyes sharpened against my petrified gaze.

"Look, Valt... I-"

"RED ALERT! RED ALERT! ALL PATIENTS PLEASE-" The loudspeakers blared throughout the building, speaker choking on the middle of his sentence.

"This is Red Eye. Wherever you are, you know exactly what I want. I'll be waiting in the waiting room." A deep voice chimed in on the speakers. I look towards Valt with a shocked expression.

Who the hell was that imposter?

~~~~~~~~~~

Heyo. Sorry for not updating in a while. I can't promise anything, but I will try to work harder on updating. Sorry for the short chapter as well. I am kinda stuck with writers block. Sorry.... I know my words probably don't mean anything, but I'll try harder.

To be continued...