1.8 i have friends

song of the chapter: i have friends - crazy ex-girlfriend

✦✧✦✧

➤ zendaya posted a story

"oh my... Jesus, Jacob. that's not how you eat pizza at all"

➤ "Stanley, what are your last words for the public?""I doubt Cassie is going to be that angry

"I doubt Cassie is going to be that angry."

➤ "dude, you spilled a whole can of coke on her white couch

"dude, you spilled a whole can of coke on her white couch. I'd consider myself dead."

➤ "Aaron

➤ "Aaron." May gasped. "no one was supposed to know I still have Nino hid in my trailer."

"I can't believe you dropped Cinthia

"I can't believe you dropped Cinthia." Martina guffawed at the latest tales from her friend's last musical.

"fine, I will wash my hands better next time I have pizza."

a chorus of laughter rang though that spacious living space, successfully lifting all of their spirits.

"who was that guy on set today?" Jacob asked between bites of pizza, bringing back the topic they'd been trying to avoid all night.

"a reporter." Tom's voice left little to no room for discussion.

"I know but who was he? I mean, he must have been someone important if he made Jake pissed and May nervous."

Three different people slapped him as Martina excused herself to get some water. the only one who sort of knew what had happened was Aaron and he would never betray Martina's trust.

"my ex." she had known an explanation was needed, not because she owed them anything. but because they were her friends and she trusted them. "we met a long time ago and dated for a year before things ended in a not so friendly manner."

the taxi driver didn't even bother with wishing the woman a good day, no words would help right now. May had lost both her mother and boyfriend in a day, though the latter was more of a good riddance than a loss.

"Martina, open this door." Jonas slurred, seemingly having gotten drunk in the couple of hours they spent apart.

"why would I? all of your things are outside." she had no idea where this strength to stand up for herself was coming from, but she would take it.

"because this is my house, you are my girlfriend and we are going to solve this shit."

what were the neighbors going to think? May wanted to kill him only for the future embarrassment of having to talk to them.

"this is my apartment, I broke up with you and there is nothing to talk about."

"you broke up with me over something completely irrelevant." the accent she once found endearing now made her scared. Martina had never hear him sound so drunk or so angry, the shaking of the door made her silently text Aaron and Jeremy.

"you cheated on me while I signed paperwork on my mother's death."

JER
coming up
the stairs.

"do you really think anyone better than me is going to want you?"

going against all better judgment, May opened the door to his face. none of the traces elicited good feelings, all her brain could say was 'leave'. behind him, her boys looked agitated but made sure she knew whatever happened was up to her.

"I don't know. but right now I want me and that has to be enough." she sounded firm, something Jonas definitely didn't expect. "leave."

"Martina."

"she asked you to leave, buddy." Jeremy pushed a heaving man while Aaron went to Martina's side.

"and don't bother coming back."

(I had a church thing this weekend so that's why there was no chapter yesterday. thank you so much to everyone who reads, votes or comments on this.)