19

We were laughing like crazy. Leo and his friends were pulling jokes after joke. It was hilarious. Even Alexis usually stuck-up like a wooden stick, seemed at ease.

As promised I did not drink anything that night. They wouldn't have served me at the counter anyway, as I wasn't 18 yet. Leo and Alexis, however, seemed quite pissed. It was hilarious witnessing Leo's slurred movements and speech from a sober prospective. Alexis was still mostly silent but her body language transmitted relaxed vibes instead of her constant authoritative and focused mode.

'Let's play truth or dare before we call the night off ' Leo shouted.

It was already 1.40am and the pub was due to close in 20min. There was me, Alexis, Leo and Leo' s two flatmates left. Everybody else was already gone.

'Yeahhhhh' Jack and Aron shouted back in unison.

Alexis didn't seem very please. I did not mind.

'So let's start from the bday boy' Exclaimed Jack.

Jack grabbed his empty beer glass and handed it over to Leo. Then added 'I am going to head off the bar to get the last round. What do you guys want?'

'You, smarty pants come back here. The bar stopped serving drinks 10min ago. Are you trying to avoid uncomfortable questions, uh?' Aron interjected, blinking his eyes multiple times.

'Nono, come on then. Let's do this' Jack finally said raising both of his hands up and sitting back down.

Leo swinged the bottle. The cap stopped in front of Aron.

'Well, well, well. Truth or dare Aron?'

Aron turned into a pensive expression. After a few seconds, he exclaimed 'Dare'.

Now it was Leo who turned into a thinking mode. 'Ok, then I want you to kiss Jack.'

Aron smirked. Aron and Jack were friends with benefits. They told me so when I was living with them. However, from the amount and type of arguments they went through during that, I convinced myself that they were a couple. They just haven't figure that out yet.

'Oh, Aron. Do not forget the tongue'. Leo said winking at both of them. Jack looked unfazed, but his eye were twinkling.

After their happy making out times, it was Aron's turn to swirl the bottle. The end pointed to Alexis.

'Truth or dare'. With a steel expression, Alexis answered 'Truth '. I furrowed my eyebrows at that. Knowing how secretive Alexis is, I was not expecting her choosing to spill anything conserning herself or her life.

'Mmh, let's see, we can start with an easy question first. So why did you pick medical school?'

Alexis grinned at that. Not sure it was because she was releaved by the relative straightforward question or because she felt happy talking about med school... Mmh probably both.

'Multiple reasons actually. First of all, both of my parents are doctors, so I have been exposed to med talks and environment since I was little. They transmitted their passion to me. Then it is also a powerful and safe career choice when ruling a supernatural pack.'

Jack, Aron and myself were agape. Leo was smirking. He must have smelt her dominant scent.

'Which pack?' interjected Jack.

'My parents are the Alpha and Luna of the Foster panther-pack. They taught me how important it is to be a knowledgeable and compassionate doctor. Whoever the patient might be: a pack memeber or another living being. It is an honour but also a burden, which has a future alpha I was trained to take. It makes you a better leader and it also teaches you about critical thinking and contructive feedback. This kind of scientific education opens your mind... I love that. I love medicine.'

Wow. I was blown away by her profund and passionate speech. I wondered if Skye had similar motivations... In that moment the bell rang. The pub was ufficially closed.