Chapter 232

The man that entered was accompanied with more than thirty cultivators of varying levels . They carried an arrogant air around them as if they believed they were better than the others . The room turned silent, with only the man's voice being heard . Ed didn't fail to notice the faces of Helena and the others turning ashen in an instant .

"You? You're the new sect master?! HAH!" The man pointed at Ed who was sitting on the throne . Ed looked at him with a non-interested look, all while resting on the golden armchairs . The man stared a little at the red and golden chair behind it as if eyeing it for himself, before continuing, "What a disappointment! This is a new low even for you, Sword sect . you should've conceded the sect to us, instead of going through such a humiliating process . "

This time, the man looked at the remaining members of the Sword sect as he spoke . He was relentless, as he kept bashing the dignity of Sword sect in front of its members . But, his greatest mistake was failing to notice who the new master was .

"You chose to rely on such a young, man? No, he's no man . He's nothing but a child! Hiding behind monsters...Did you scam Sword sect into buying them for you? Pathetic! You probably wouldn't survive in the outside world for even a second!" the man seemed to be enjoying his time . Twirling around while pointing his fingers at people .

Unlike him, the cultivators that came with him were shaking . Their bodies turned cold due to the strangely dense amount of sweat they produced . Their eyes were unfocused, each time darting into a direction . They did their best to try and avoid the throne . They did their best to avoid the gaze of the one sitting atop the throne .

"I guess you bankrupt this sect to try and buy that damned skeleton, right? A mere skeleton that can speak, should be quite expensive . No wonder Sword sect was having financial trouble lately . You're the reason, I guess?!" the man started to jump to conclusion, creating scenarios that fulfilled his fantasy . Due to his current state of extreme arrogance, he failed to notice the killing intent directed at him .

"Still...Sword sect, I feel sorry for you," he said as he looked at the ceiling . "Had Alexander not been slain by a kid, this wouldn't have happened . There was no way he could have let us enter his sect without a fight . And yet, this time, we were welcomed, by a damned skeleton . What a joke . "

Helena and the others bit hard on their teeth as the man reminded them about the death of Alexander . But, somehow, they found themselves looking at Ed, the very man who killed Alexander, hoping he could change something about their situation . His previous words, about the promise of taking care of this sect, played back in their minds . They didn't believe him before, but they wished to see how he would act now that was plunged into action .

"That damned skeleton was rather polite, how-" as the man was trying to talk, even more, he was interrupted . Ed had finally spoken .

"Elder Lich . "

"Huh?" an annoyed look appeared on the man's face . He was not happy about being interrupted .

"He's not a 'damned skeleton' . Sieg is an Elder Lich . " Ed explained to the uncultured man .

"So what? You bought him, what difference does it make? He's still nothing compared to us!"

"You see, that's not right . " Ed stopped leaning on his hand as he intertwined his fingers together and leaned forward a little . His dark eyes seemed to pierce through the souls of those in front of him .

"Had it not been for my orders, none of you would be standing in front of me . As a matter of fact, if you had been even the tiniest bit of rude towards him, you would be nothing more than mere puppets, dancing to the tune of his commands . "

"Hah! What a load of crap . If he could have done such a thing, then I'd say Sword sect invested correctly . But I can see him as nothing more than a mere servant, good for nothing except delivering news!"

"Pfft!"

"What's so FUNNY?!" The man howled, as he noticed the little Bella laughing at what he said .

"Don't shout at my little sister, I'll kill you . Also, you'll know soon enough, Sieg . Make an example out of one of them . "

The cultivators in the room were perplexed . Ed seemed to be talking to Sieg, but they couldn't see him anywhere . Just then, a sense of anxiety filled the hearts of those present, as a cloaked figure appeared behind an unlucky, unsuspecting, unfortunate, cultivator .

"Your orders are my commands, your superness . " Sieg undid his invisibility as he tapped the head of the cultivator with his finger . People had no time to question Sieg's new nickname for Ed, as the man he touched fell on the ground . He was dead . And, the next instant, the cultivator got back up as an undead .

The cultivators broke into a run . The funny thing was, they were running towards the throne . Their fear of the sudden development caused them to think irrationally . They didn't stop until they noticed a black wolf emerge out of Ed's shadow . The next instant, they all stopped . Their bodies couldn't move .

"What did you do?!" the man started to shake, so hard that the gold coins he had on him rattled .

"Which sect are you from?" Ed asked him .

"The Poison sect! And I'm an inner disciple!"

"..." Ed opened his eyes wide as he heard the answer . The man noticed this, and a smile emerged on his face .

"So, do you regret what you did?! The fact that you challenged the Poison se-" Before the man could continue his words, he felt an immense pressure . As if a whole planet was dropped on his shoulders .

"What a coincidence . I planned on visiting your sect after a month, but to think my plans would change so abruptly," Ed said as he started to walk towards the man . He was releasing so much KI, that he was crushing the man, who could only look at him with half an eye .

"The fact that you bullied this sect . The fact that you're from the Poison sect . The fact that you stood in front of me this day . Regret them deeply . " The pressure being released from Ed intensified to an autonomous degree . The bones of the man were heard cracking, and his innards turned into much . He let out a groan before dying, turning into a splat on the ground .

"As for you, you regret your life choices . Mehen . " Ed tapped the drowsy serpent on his shoulder as he spoke to the unmoving cultivators . Mehen turned into a gigantic serpent, though much smaller compared to his full size, he gobbled all the cultivators in one go .

"Ed! I found some guards on the verge of death and healed them!" Merry returned back to the room, fluttering her wings . The members of Sword finally understood why Ed asked them to move to this room, and why he asked Merry, Sieg, and Raikou to follow his orders . 'He knew everything...' all of them thought the same thing .

"Our job is still not done, the city is starving . For now, we will hunt!" Just as Ed finished speaking, his companions had formed a smile and disappeared from his side .