Chapter 238

Ed's destination was the south-eastern continent . At least, that's the last place his grandfather contacted them from . He thought about ways to find him and settled for the simplest one . Sweep through the whole continent until a green dot is found .

Since every second was precious, Ed decided not to travel by ship . Instead, he activated his dimension and Berserk skill . His plan? To fly the whole distance between the continents . This was only possible for him, as he used his dimension to half the time needed, while his Berserk skill allowed him to have more leeway with his KI .

Ed left Emilia and Bella with his companions to sightsee . He noticed how Bella was fidgety and nervous and guessed how it must be related to meeting her grandfather for the first time . He knew it, as he was also feeling nervous . The last time the prince met his grandfather was ten years ago, and even those memories seemed hazy .

His grandfather who lived for over 100 years and helped put an end to Blood sect . How would he react to Ed and Bella? Will he notice anything about Ed? All sorts of questions popped into Ed's head as he flew over the sea . The smell of salt invaded his nose as a golden aura surrounded his body .

'System, what will be my chances of beating someone at Immortal Establishment level 10?' in order to pass the time, Ed checked in with the system . He thought about the impending war and compared it with the Bloody war . He thought about how he only won thanks to acquiring Parallel thinking prior to that war . If he wasn't so lucky every time, how would he keep winning?

[70% chance when fighting a normal cultivator . However, if you're fighting someone with Harald's innate talent, less than 5% . ] Ed fell into deep thinking after listening to the system .

'Anyway around it,' Ed wanted to be absolutely sure of his next choices .

[Unless something unnatural happens to you, yet, no way . ]

'What do you mean, 'unnatural'?'

[Unless you activate some unknown power that I don't know you have . Aka, some mc power . ]

Ed looked ahead of him with a 'are you serious face' . 'What mc power...', he thought to himself .

'So, what are my choices? I doubt I can raise my cultivation all that higher, and I can only fight on so many levels higher than me...'

[You've been gaining a steady amount of Gacha tickets . You have 70 of them right now, so that should count for something . But, since you plan on getting more, you only have two options, which are related to each other . ]

'I'm listening . ' Ed decreased his flight speed and focused on the advice of his system .

[First, kill a Mythical grade, or higher, monster and make it your avatar . Second, get a Mythical grade monster, skill, or item . From now on, I reckon things won't be as simple as they had been . You've been lucky when fighting Alexander and Harald since they had no Avatar souls . If they did, you wouldn't have won . ]

Ed smiled, as his system had advised him with the same thing that he was thinking . Indeed, had he fought Alexander or Harald, and they summoned an Avatar to fight with them, he would have lost .

'I see...Then, things will be rather simple from now on . Since the second advice was my goal from before, it'll take a while . But the first is rather simple...or not . Where do you think I can find a Mythical grade monster? I've never encountered one . Not even the two towers had any of them . '

[...That's something related to the history of this world, and it's related to that second tower . For now, you don't need to know . But, even though there might not be Supreme grade monsters, skills, or items in this world, Mythical grade ones should still exist . You just need to look hard enough . You should ask your grandfather, or the person existing in Ryuu kingdom for advice . ]

"Well...As long as my lack of knowledge doesn't put us under danger, I'm okay with you keeping quiet . But, make sure to tell me if you notice something wrong happening . " Ed spoke out loud as if trying to get his idea across no matter what .

[Sure . Our fates are related, so I'm not going to do something as stupid as to abandon you anyway...]

Ed wanted to ask what the system meant, but he had a feeling that he wouldn't get an answer . Of course, he knew that as long as he survived, everything would unfold in front of him . All he needed was patience...and strength .

.

.

.

The trip to the continent went by slowly, and painfully boring for Ed . However, he managed to talk a lot with his system . That way, he gained insight and his future plans appeared to be much clearer . After two and half days, Ed finally caught sight of land . It was a beach, and it was uninhabited . Ed undid his dimension, so he could scout the area under his Zero Sign skill .

"This should be a nice place for a small vacation..." Ed thought out loud . He realized that the concept of a beach vacation didn't exist in this world, but he thought that it wouldn't be a bad idea to start it . He sat down at the golden sand, recovering his KI through meditation . After another half a day passed by, Ed felt rejuvenated enough to travel two trips between the continents using his Space magic .

He left a wooden sigil behind and teleported back to where his companions were . It was daytime, so he found them strolling around in a mountain .

"Welcome back . " Each and every one of them greeted him as they noticed his presence .

"We'll take this day off and play around at the beach . We'll have one week and a half to find my grandfather, and for me to power-up . Then, we'll return to Avalon . "

Ed notified them as he teleported them to the golden beach . There, they sat down as they basked in the glory of the sun .