Chapter 264

*DING*

Acquired 1 . 200 . 000 . 000 Exp .

Acquired Gacha ticketx10 .

Ed felt rejuvenated, as he ranked up once more . He was now Immortal Establishment level 4, and with his Berserk power-up, level 8 . His worn out body felt slightly better, as his muscles healed themselves, and his bones became sturdier than ever . The battleground all over him exploded by the power-ups of his comrades . Emilia and the others each ranked up once .

Gobuta, who had the upper hand against the Kraken, started to overwhelm it completely . Out of the twelve limbs that the Kraken enjoyed using, only four remained . Even though it was a specialist at healing and regeneration, Gobuta's darkness made it so that its Qi couldn't do much against it . Dark flames spread all over the Kraken's body, and it looked in pain . Its eyes and eyebrows furrowed deeply, as it released a roar from its circle mouth . Hundreds of teeth, and dozens of sets . It lunged forwards; it tried to eat Gobuta .

However, far from getting away, Gobuta smiled and lowered his weapon . He stretched his free arm as if welcoming the Kraken's desperate attack . The figure of Gobuta disappeared instantly, and the Kraken didn't even bother to chew . It knew that its teeth weren't capable of penetrating the thick skin of the Ogre, so it left that job to its stomach acids, one of its trump cards .

The Kraken looked smug, as Gobuta was now buried under liters of corrosive liquids . It turned around to look at its master, who was overwhelming the silver-haired girl that stood in his way . Then, it looked all around the battlefield, waiting for the Ogre's friends to come and attack it in order to save him . But, everyone seemed to be chilling and watching the battle of WarGreymon and the Calamity Black Dragon .

It decided that this was the best time to act, and it approached its master . It slithered on the ground, as it couldn't move normally thanks to its missing limbs . One step, two steps...five steps in and the Kraken stopped .

Pain . Pain? The Kraken looked worried . It knew that it was nothing more than an imprint of a soul, as it had lost its body long ago . It knew that it was turned into an Avatar and that it served the Poison sect's master . It knew that it lost all feelings . Yet, earlier it felt fear . And now, it was feeling pain . Sharp burning pain like a thousand burning swords piercing its stomach .

Why? How could it be? The Ogre which should be dead rampaged inside of its stomach . It roared as it realized its impending doom, and it felt more fear than the first time it died . When Avatars were destroyed, they regenerated afterward after feeding on their master's QI . Yet, the Kraken felt like such was not the case for it . What would happen when a soul is completely destroyed? It was about to find out .

Gobuta, inside of the Kraken's stomach, released all of his QI . His Enhancer's Nen spiked to its maximum mixed together with the aura he was releasing . The tattoos that filled his body shone with dark purple light and released black smoke all around it . The black smoke fused with the QI and the Nen and exploded outwards . The Purple flames instantly vaporized the stomach acids that would have otherwise harmed Gobuta . The initial explosion carried the flames farther, and the further it went, the stronger it became .

The inner walls of meat protecting the Kraken were nothing more than candy for the flames; they burned and melted like marshmallows . The Kraken kept howling in pain, and Sarin shuddered . He had never heard it release such a sound . Not even when he had hunted it all those years ago .

The Kraken's howl stopped midday; its vocal cords and lungs had turned into mush . It bloated up and exploded into nothingness . Bits and pieces of its meat splattered all over the battlefield, dying everything in crimson .

Goburou licked around his lips, as its blood had hit him, and smiled . Garu, on the other hand, was not pleased as his silvery white fur had turned into a disgusting color .

Raikou escaped into the shadows just in time in order to dodge the incoming blood, while Sieg's always existing barrier protected him from such a thing . Suika, however, didn't care, as she herself corroded whatever fell into her body . The Sword sect members didn't know whether to be angry or surprised and decided it would be better to choose the latter . They turned back to watch the battle between the dragon, and the warrior with dragon slaying weapons .

Unbeknownst to them, as they were invested in the battle, the bits and pieces of meat started to disappear . Gobuta destroyed the soul imprint of the Kraken with his flames, and thus it couldn't leave anything behind . Sarin looked shocked as he realized the Kraken would never return to his side . His eyes furrowed and his calm face contorted madly . His aura exploded and Emilia closed her eyes instinctively .

Before she could open them, Sarin appeared in front of her, ready to strike, when Ed interrupted him .

"How dare you do that to my beloved Kraken!" he shouted as his face turned red from fury . "I'll make sure none of you leave this place alive!"

Ed wanted to retort, but he couldn't muster any words . Sarin didn't turn red from anger, but it was something else . His whole body turned into a gooey substance, and drops of it fell to the floor, instantly melting it . The melted ground released red fumes, which Ed realized was poisonous .

Sarin lunged forward, ready to strike Ed with his poisonous body, however, Ed chose to retreat rather than fight him head-on in such a state . He held Emilia's arm and teleported away .

"You've done enough today," said Ed as he looked at Emilia . "You can take a rest with the others . "

Ed flew down and faced Sarin . He withdrew a knife from his inventory and thrust it toward Sarin using Telekinesis . The Knife cut through the air, and once it was ready to do the same to Sarin, it started to melt . The black metal disappeared as it made contact with the poison man . Only red fumes remained .

'That was almost a Legendary grade knife...' Ed frowned as he thought .

"No more games little boy!"

Sarin spewed red flame-like poison from his mouth, and Ed countered by using Fire magic . The endless stream of both attacks collided and exploded . The whole battlefield was surrounded by a thick blanket of red .