Chapter 268

In the middle of a war-torn landscape, a circular veil of glass swayed and waned in the air, slowly increasing the tremors that resulted from its trembling . The great veil couldn't hold on anymore and shattered into a billion pieces . Right next to the destroyed veil, a black dragon snored impatiently, and his breath blew the pieces away . The dragon opened his crimson red, and released a roar like a sentence, "you're finally back!"

Under the billion pieces stood a man and a slime . The two paid no heed to the dragon and instead focused on the skeleton like figure approaching them .

"The others are still not back?" Ed asked even though his eyes and his Map could answer him easily .

"You said we had one hour, but you returned in less time, my lord," said Sieg .

"Yeah I ended up taking far less than I thought, things are much easier when no one is trying to stab you," Ed explained . "Anyways, I'll go over to the others and help them out . We'll depart as soon as we're back . "

Just as he finished talking, all traces of Ed disappeared . He was later inside the Poison sect's headquarters . Suddenly, thousands upon thousands of Telekinesis threads emerged out of his body and scanned the entire structure . A couple of them quickly found his companions and let them know it was time to return . The rest continued to find any treasures, especially spiritual treasures which he could feel with his ability . What should have taken hours was done in ten minutes, and Ed was back where the dragon lay .

"We're heading back to Avalon," said Ed .

Ed seemed to be especially short on words, and everyone seemed to notice it . It was as if his mind was focused on something else entirely . The dragon tried to voice his displeasure, as he wanted to head over to blood sect's headquarters immediately, but found that the scenery in front of him had changed . Ed teleported him as well .

"Human brat! I believe our agreement was pretty clear, no?!" The dragon's voice thundered as he hung in the air . Ed made sure to teleport him, and him alone, a couple of meters in the air, since he would have crashed into the castle otherwise . However, due to the dragon's ear breaking shout, and his colossal appearance hovering above the castle, Avalon's citizens broke into a panic rather quickly .

"Merry, we don't have much time to lose, so I need you to talk to one of the guards and tell him to calm the people down," Ed said . "You can head over to the Blood sect headquarters if you want, but how long will that take I wonder?"

He turned around and ignored the dragon . His pace was quite quick, and nobody tried to ask him anything as they went ahead .

Quickly, they found themselves face to face with Asem's party, as well as the injured, but calm, Hayato and the others .

"Ed, you're finally here," Hayato said with a smile, but his eyes never tried to find Ed's . "I heard you were injured badly, are you alright now?"

"Yeah, I'm fine . How about you guys? You look terrible . "

"That's how we're feeling at the very least," Hayato said with a snicker . "It's quite shameful, it really is . We defeated the woman, and just as we were about to take it all in, they appeared . Five of them, each one stronger than the next . Two females and three males . It was quite funny, you see there were five of us as well, and you'd think we put up somewhat of a fight . But, it wasn't even close . In fact, only one of them fought us . "

Hayato sat down, bent his back and looked at his hands with clutched one another . "He didn't even bother to use his blade, and he simply beat us black and blue . Eric noticed the gravity of the situation and decided on the best course action . He had us prepare teleportation items as he fought the man . He exhausted all of his Qi in order to throw the man hundreds of meters away from, but in the process, he got hit by a Qi attack without any inner protection . "

"Do you mind describing them for me?" Ed asked in the calmest voice possible .

"They all looked the same age as us . Not too old not too young . The women had black and crimson red hair . The men, well those that didn't fight looked well built and quite strong . One of them was bald and lacked any emotional features . The other was the shortest of the group and wore a mask . The one who fought us, well he's easier to remember . He looked strikingly similar to you . Golden blond hair, though much shorter than yours, and a well-built body and broad shoulders . There are only two distinct differences between the two of you . He had freckles all over his nose and cheeks, and, his eyes were deep water blue contrary to your black eyes . "

As Hayato finished talking, Ed had his eyes closed . A figure appeared immediately in his head, and it was one he encountered in the Tower of Origin . 'Johan . . . ' he thought to himself .

"If this is true, then we need to change our strategy . I'll depart ten minutes from now, and I'll only be taking one person with me . No one is to say a word and no one will ask me anything . All I ask is for you to trust me, as you've always had," Ed said the last sentence with a smile on his face .

However, no one shared his smile . Emilia was busy consoling Ellie, Stephanie, and Alicia, while Hayato's heart tormented him with guilt .

"Cheer up Hayato; we still have a chance, especially after I let Sarin escape . I'll never let Blood sect win, no matter the cost," as spoke the last sentence he secretly contacted the system in his mind .

'How many tickets do I have now?'

[110 . ]

'I'd hoped for better . Can you lend me some?' Ed asked jokingly .

[Certainly, but I need something as collateral . Your liver, perhaps?]

'Wait, you can really lend me?!'

[No . The tickets are obtained through the ways you know of, nothing else . ]

'Well then, I guess I'll have to make do with the things I have at hand . Use up all 110 tickets on Function Gacha . Exchange any cards I have in inventory, as well as any Transformation card I get . Keep only one of them . '

[Understood . Drawing Gacha!]

*Ding*