Chapter 259

Asem and the others shuddered at the appearance of No-bō . They struggled to fend off only one Immortal Establishment peak cultivator, and they knew they stood no chance if he were to involve himself . They hoped that Sarin's pride would stand in the way of No-bō's involvement, but they didn't pin their hopes too high .

However, seven people reacted very differently to the appearance of the new enemy . They didn't dread the fact that he was present, but the fact that he existed . To them, No-bō was not simply an enemy they must defeat, but a trauma they must overcome . Six of these seven people glanced at the seventh . Their eyes full of mixed emotions . Fear, anger, anguish, disgust...each emotion flickered once before disappearing and waiting for its next turn .

These six people were Raikou, Suika, Gobuta, Goburou, Garu, Emilia, and finally...Edward . Ed's face appeared as if a dark veil had covered it . People would look directly at it, yet they would only see darkness . Yet, they could easily tell something was off about him . His previously calm KI rumbled like thunder in the middle of a storm . It exploded like a dormant volcano's re-activation .

The ground around him shook as small and medium-sized rocks, which exploded out of the ground due to the constant fighting, flew into the sky . The air suddenly became heavier and everyone found themselves struggling to catch their breath . The atmosphere around Ed distorted as if it was being burned by his fury . His golden hair, which grew to shoulder length over the years, floated around his ears and above his head . He raised his head to glare at No-bō .

Red eyes, like a demon's, a face like a devil's, and the KI of a madman . His golden KI carried a tinge of black around it .

"Ah, if it isn't our little overachiever," said No-bō with the same disgusting smile as ever . "How are the little brats that died? Still buried under the ground?"

Ed's glare turned maddening as he heard No-bō . He clenched his sword and was about to move in for the strike, but No-bō continued to talk .

"I noticed how delicately you held the oldest girl out of them . Was she your type? You have such strange preferences, young man," he added while shaking his head . "I wanted to revive them for you, as undead of course, by visiting Avalon with a necromancer, but the sect master wouldn't allow me . Amazing that person . He saw right through me that day . "

No-bō gave the most disgusting smile ever, and his mouth arched all the way to his ears, displaying a yellow, disgusting set of teeth .

Contrary to No-bō's expectations, Ed didn't get angrier . Instead, his face calmed down, and his eyes stopped shining red . He drew in a breath and turned around to where his companions were .

"Everyone," he said in a serene voice . "KILL THEM ALL!" he shouted as his KI exploded out of his body . The red glow in his eyes intensified and his swords were stored in his inventory . Only Shusui remained, as he grabbed it with both of his hands, as he disappeared from sight .

At the same time, Ed's companions started their most severe assault so far, overwhelming their enemies in no time . Sarin, who stood by watching, raised his head to look at No-bō . And, just as he stopped his head, Ed appeared . He struck with all of his power . His Haki, which grew stronger by rage, was further enhanced by his Nen . His sword slash sent No-bō plummeting down almost instantly, but it didn't stop there .

"Marvelous," said an amazed Sarin . The ground, where they were fighting, split in half, which created an enormous chasm . The chasm spanned hundreds of kilometers and went on as far as the eye could see . No-bō, who fell in the middle of it, rose as quickly as he could . The smile on his face was replaced by a look of unbelief . His teeth ground on each other, as he held his bloody chest in pain . Ed, far above him in the sky, descended at his highest speed .

.

.

.

In another battlefield, Hayato and the others were struggling against their enemies . Ariana, one of Blood sect's grandmasters stood in front of them without a single scratch on her body . Her hands fiddled around with a bloody red and thorny whip . Her tongue licked her blood red lips as she looked down on her enemies . Around her, hundreds of Blood sect soldiers, which lost their lives against Hayato's forces . She was the only one remaining, yet she was the biggest obstacles .

"What a difference..." Wheezed Hayato . "What strength . To think only seven levels of difference would be so far . "

"Only seven you say?" Ariana giggled as she covered her mouth . "Boy, a seven-level difference is larger than the distance between the earth and the farthest heaven . You should praise yourself for sticking around this long . "

"Don't mind him, we're used to seeing a friend of ours topple down enemies that far surpass him in cultivation," said Ellie as she clutched her right arm . "And what I mean to say is, you should be careful since we're not going to take it easy on you . "

"Oh, and I'm supposed to be afraid? You've yet to land on me as much as a nail, little kitten . "

"Hahaha! Nah I prefer you take it easy on us, we'll kill you faster that way," said Eric who was leaning on his sword . He had no visible wounds as well .

"Whether you take this seriously, or you keep slacking off, the results won't change . You will fall today, and we will make sure of it," Alicia said as she pointed her sword, Excalibur, at Ariana .

"What an amusing bunch of brats you are . Well, just like you wish, I will take you seriously . Don't start crying now, okay . " Just as her words emerged out of her mouth, a scarlet flame was birthed out of her hands . The flame surged through the red whip, making it look even more menacing .

"That's better . We'll take it seriously as well!" said Ellie as her pupils dilated and her canines grew larger .