Chapter 272

The three mythical rank auras swept through the battlefield in an instant . It was as dominating as it was suffocating . Ally and foe alike, they felt their skin crawl and their hearts beat a tune of fear . The only mythical rank monster they'd ever encountered was the dragon that had become Ed's Avatar . It was unfathomable for three to appear in one place, at the same, especially in their world .

"What a terrifying aura...!" Dawlish, who stood next to Johan, exclaimed .

His son was the next to talk . "Their cultivation is lower...Somehow that is not as reassuring as I thought it would be," he said with a nervous grin . "I wonder if that skeleton is the one that created all those undead . "

"I don't see anyone else that fits the description of a necromancer more than it," Dawlish said . The duo talked while keeping their instincts sharp . They didn't know where the attack might come from next, and they especially on guard against Raikou, who's ripped an Immortal Establishment level 7 cultivator's neck as if it was a piece of rotten bread .

However, not once did they spare the time to check on the Blood sect's master . At this point, he was an afterthought to them; they were confident in his survival . They knew that the dragon's flames would feel like a summer's breeze to him . After all, they had recognized the dragon . It was the same dragon that No-bō asked for as a gift for his attack on Scale kingdom two years ago . It took a great deal of convincing Erykytos .

Back at the blood sect's headquarters, the black dragon was still giving it his all, releasing all the pent up rage it had with no regards to Ed's safety . Of course, it knew that his flames had no effect, as he couldn't feel any reaction from underneath, but he didn't stop .

Under the Susanoo's bones, Ed looked at Gobuta's peculiar action; he was licking his palm . Quickly, however, Ed noticed the traces of blood on it .

"What happened?" he asked .

"The man earlier, with the great sword," Gobuta answered, "I stopped his sword with my hand but he still cut me . I really want to fight him!"

Ed noticed Gobuta's eyes glow with a maniacal light . 'Is this because he carried the Demon Lord title...?' Ed thought to himself and sighed . He raised his hand high and chopped down on Gobuta's head . "That's what sword do, you idiot! They cut!" he said . "Plus, you already know the plan . It's my dad who's going to fight Dawlish . He called it fate . After all, their parents fought over a hundred years ago . And the one I'm going to fight is no one other than . . . "

Before Ed could finish his sentence, he felt the flames of Entei let up . The dragon finally had his fill, or so it seemed . He swept down on Erykytos . The mountain-sized dragon moved the atmosphere with his flight speed . It instantly felt like the surrounding air shifted position towards the dragon . The difference in size between the dragon and the master was like an elephant and an ant . Yet, as the distance between the two shrunk down, the two seemed to switch their sizes .

"How boring," Erykytos said . "I would have preferred to fight one of those three . "

The aura of the blood sect master exploded; it was his turn to overwhelm the battlefield . His Qi alone rivaled that of the three mythical monsters . Erykytos held his hands out and the right hovered above the left . He closed his left eye and focused with the other one; the dragon was sandwiched between the hands . Then, as he clapped the two of them, the dragon seemed to love all of his mobility mid-air . His wings folded forcefully, and his body seemed as if was squeezed between two cymbals .

The dragon, however, wasn't about to get defeated yet . He struggled as it pushed against the forces binding him . His jaws clamped hard on his teeth, while all of his bones shouted in pain; but he didn't cease . His out scales cracked under the immense force, but he was slowly able to move .

Then, with a final roar, he broke free and released Qi all around him, allowing him to overwhelm Erykytos' Qi, although just momentarily .

"Hoo, how promising," Erykytos praised the dragon's efforts . "Last time you weren't able to budge at all . "

The dragon felt humiliated by the words that reached his ears and clapped his wings in the air just once . Just once, and he was right above Erykytos . He looked at the pea-sized human in front of him and swiped with his claws, leaving deep scars in the earth's crust . Yet, he felt no reaction . He couldn't see Erykytos move, but he knew that he had escaped somehow .

The dragon raised his head and looked around, and soon enough his eyes caught a red dot to his right . Erykytos was hovering in the air as if waiting for the dragon to resume his attacks, which the latter didn't disappoint . He released a flame roar towards Erykytos, but this time it was a massive area of effect attack, but instead, a concentrated laser that traveled through the air at an astonishing speed . Erykytos, however, didn't shy away from the attack and punched it away . The attack collided with a nearby mountain, causing to explode into nothing .

Erykytos kept looking at the damage caused by the attack, and just as he looked back at the dragon, he noticed that he was in front of him this time . The black dragon flipped in the air and channeled the rotation force to his tail . Erykytos had no way to dodge the attack this time and was sent, like an arrow, through the ground .

The dragon flew down and stood above the ground, right next to the hole where Erykytos fell through; a red hue floated all over his body .

Erykytos emerged out of the hole and was greeted by the dragon's roar .

The red hue was condensed Qi, and it was let out at the same time as the roar . The attack was similar to a concentrated explosion, which tore the air and the ground . The dragon flapped its wings in order to stay afloat, as the ground under him had turned into a deep crater . The Blood sect master hovered as well; there was no visible wound on him .

"It's time for you to sleep," Erykytos said, and almost immediately, the dragon found himself hugging the ground . An even more intense force overwhelmed him this time, as he kept sinking further and further down .

Erykytos turned around and just as he was about to join the battlefield, he noticed three beings standing in his way .

"It looks like my wish came through after all," he smiled and put his hands behind him .

Back in the battlefield, Ed and Arthur stood in front of their two enemies, Dawlish and Johan .