Chapter 223

Ellie, taking the chance that Eric created, broke a castle wall and entered inside . Unlike what she had planned before, she ended up heading towards the underground prison cells . She knew about the interior of the castle, as she had visited it many times before . But, she had never visited the prison before . A strong smell of blood assaulted her sensitive nose, causing her stomach to churn . The walls were tainted with a red color, seemingly from the blood of whoever was inside .

As she descended further, the smell intensified, causing her to feel like vomiting . Still, she held on and pushed further inside .

'Not here...' a saddened, or more accurately horrified, look emerged on her face . The cells were all empty, and whatever she was looking for, was not there . Ellie retraced her steps, appearing outside of the cells . Her horrified look turned into one full of rage . Her face turned redder, and veins started to pop at the side of her head . Her tiger ears flattened on her head, while her tail hardened . In one fell swoop, she breached the floors above her, all the way to the throne room . There, a figure sat on a chair, while another one stood next to it .

"I've been wondering about who was making so much noise in my capital, and it turns out it is the ungrateful daughter of the ungrateful duke . " The seated figure rose up and walked down a couple of stairs that were in front of the throne . The king of the beastmen, Gazef, was rather skinny, yet tall . His skin carried a greenish color, as if he was a sick cartoon character, while his neck and some parts of his head were covered by scales . His eyes were green as well and looked like a cat's .

"I came here for two things . One of them is to kill you, but that comes a little later . Now, I only want to ask you one thing..." Ellie said as she clenched her arms . She was still wearing her gauntlets, causing a screeching metal sound to be heard . "WHERE ARE MY PARENTS!"

.

.

.

Just outside of the castle walls, a gruesome battle was taking place . Eric was doing his best to stop the five royal guards from following Ellie . All of them lost interest in Eric after noticing Ellie's presence inside of the throne room . They acted like a machine, whose sole purpose was to reach the king .

'Tch...All of them are so strong! It doesn't seem like I can take it easy after all...' Eric thought to himself as he flew from one area to another, engaging the five enemies .

"Haah!" Eric shouted as released a QI wave, sending the five of them back . He retreated and looked back at the castle, as he thrust his hand toward it .

"Take this, Wind Cage!" Eric muttered as he manipulated his QI . A huge tornado surrounded the castle as it picked up its speed . After a couple of seconds, the wind was so fast that it managed to grind rocks into dust .

"For now, no one is getting inside . Unless I dispel the magic or die, that is . " Eric's words caught the attention of the royal guards . Their objective switched from getting to the king, to killing Eric . Each one of them understood just how dangerous Eric's technique was . None of them wanted to try their luck, and try to get past it .

"You might have bit more than you could chew, brat!" The leader of the guards, the leopard, said as he rushed towards Eric . He used his claws to attack Eric but was stopped by his sword .

"Unlike a foolish beast like you, I'm a person that knows etiquette and manners, I only bite what I can eat!"

The two of them clashed dozens of time, sending one shockwave after the other . If it wasn't for the Wind Cage, the castle's walls would have crumbled by now . However, these same shockwaves saved Eric some headaches, as they stopped the other guards from interfering .

"You're nothing, kid!" The leopard increased the intensity of his attacks . He was using both of his hands, giving his a bit of an edge compared to Eric . Once he noticed a slight opening Eric made during a slash, he kicked at his side . However, he felt as if his leg was stuck in a viscous liquid .

"That wasn't an opening, you little kitten!" Eric shouted as a gust of wind blew the leopard beastman . 'Do you think I'll make such a stupid opening when I've been training with monsters?' Eric thought to himself as he kicked the beastman to the ground .

"Now, this is better . Since we're getting out of time, I'm going to ask all of you to attack me at once . That'll make it easier, and it'll push me to use my all . Don't disappoint me now, you useless guards . " Eric said as he drove his sword into the ground and leaned on it . The leopard beastman got up as the other four joined him . All of them incensed with rage .

.

.

.

Beyond the cage of wind, the castle had crumbled into the ground . The battle taking place inside of it was enough to rival the one happening outside . The three people that were inside the castle were now outside of it . The third person was the wife of Gazef, but she didn't get involved in the battle . As a matter of fact, she secretly wished for her husband to die, as she knew the atrocities he had committed during his reign . She was always by his side after all .

Gazef was currently holding Ellie's neck with his arm . Not his hand, but his arm . His arm became like a snake, coiling around Ellie's neck and constricting her breathing .

"You asked me where your parents were, but you should know exactly what happened to them . After all, they smuggled you out of the country right after you slandered me, didn't they?!" Gazef shouted as he noticed some tears forming on Ellie's eyes .

Ellie had told everyone that her parents had disowned her . But, that wasn't the case . They loved her from birth and didn't teach her any techniques since they didn't want her to become a soldier under the rule of Gazef . The day she rebelled against Gazef, they drugged her and smuggled her to Avalon, where her previous teammate, Ed, was . She had told them about what happened in the academy, and they judged it was best for her to be away .

"You...BASTARD!" Ellie bellowed as she tore away Gazef's arm . The thought of losing her parents haunted her ever since she found herself in Avalon, but believed they would be spared since her father was a duke . She waited until she gained strength, but it was too late .

"I WILL MAKE SURE NOTHING WILL REMAIN OF YOU!"