Route 101 - Part 3

Another tough fight for Trapinch. Why'd I make such a weak pokemon so strong? Because it's to emphasize how weak Trapinch really is. Also if people seriously bash on me this part because I stopped following the rules of the game, I'm blaming the fact that the anime makes every adventure more fun for books ;P

_________________________________________________________________________

"Wuuuurmple!" The little thing growled out, raising itself to look larger.

"Alright Trapinch, break those flimsy strings!" John shouted and pointed forward in no specific direction, but no matter how hard Trapinch tried openning it's maw it was stuck shut! Trapinch looked up to John with a worried look of desperation in it's eyes, then puppy-dogged them.

"Geh, hmmm" John went into deep thought just as the Wurmple charged.

"Dodge it the best you can until I come up with a plan!" John shouted and Trapinch obeyed.

"Wuuuurrrmmmple!" It called out, taunting Trapinch for being a wuse and fleeing.

"Use your head like a mace and crush it like the bug it is once that purple bastard comes close enough! That should hurt!" John shouted over to Trapinch, who's just been jumping and pivoting to avoid few of the attacks, leaving Trapinch pretty beat up.

"Rrr!" Trapinch's muffled huff sounded as it's hard hard exoskeleton smashed into Wurmple's softer exterior, flinging Wurmple back a few feet where it balled up and rolled another inch or two before uncoiling madder than ever.

"Was that a Critical Hit, that it survived?" John puzzled over the idea, and didn't notice the Wurmple shoot copious amounts of string at Trapinch, slowing down it's movement all together.

"Trapinch, when it tackles you catch it up in it's one string! I have an idea!" John's brain was in motion now, when Wurmple attacks and is caught up in the same string Trapinch is in Trapinch won't need to move anything more than it's head to bash Wurmple to defeat!

A green ball with light green stripes and a white bottom flew towards the Wurmple, and hit it! Suddenly Wurmple transformed into a red light and the ball popped open, sucking the red light inside.

"Alright! Another Shiny!" A boy about 13 walked out from some tall grass, his silver hair seen from behind his red and black bandanna with the Pokemon Center insignia right in the middle. He had a dandelion-yellow backpack slung over his shoulder and 6 pokeballs on his belt at his waist. He wore a track coat that matched design with his bandanna, he wore the classic blue jeans with shoes that matched his coat.

"Oh? Were you going to catch that Wurmple? Sorry, but I got it first!" He stuck out his tongue and taunted John.

"Just kidding! NPCs can't capture wild pokemon. I guess you won't battle because you're here on route One-hundred and one?" And with that he left.

"Just who in the world was that? Why did he call me an NPC and say I can't catch pokemon?" John asked Trapinch, a look of puzzlement on both their faces with their heads cocked to the side.

"John! Hey John! Where are you?!" Kokiri was calling out into the woods, seems as though he's finally caught up with them.

"Let's go meet up with Kokiri, you look worse for wear and he probably has some berries to eat!" John tore the webs off of Trapinch and the two ran to Kokiri's location.