Chapter seven-truth out

It's been three weeks and Cole does call me, text, and is conveniently not home when I stop by. I see him in class but he doesn't talk to me, he won't even look at me. He hasn't said anything to anyone in weeks, he has more and more Bruises in his face but when I try to talk to him he walks away. It's killing me. He locked everyone out, he doesn't even talk to Kyle or Heather.
"My sister went through this, it's really worrying me because I didn't do anything and now....she's gone and he- he." I say to Heather crying.
"I know. I'm so sorry. I'll talk to him." She says, then she leaves the bathroom. I don't expect her to actually talk to him so I just go to class.
"Allie! Alison!" Cole yells running down the hall to me.
"Cole. What's wrong?" I ask.
"Heather told me. Your sister, I'm so sorry and I was closing myself in and you- I'm so sorry." He says. I can tell he is. He looks so sorry and I missed him so much that I throw my arms around him.
"Don't freak, it's a hug." I say with a little laugh.
"I won't." He says hugging me back.
"I missed you." I tell him putting my hands on his neck around the bottom of his face.
"I missed you too." He says pulling me in and kissing me. I make a little sound because I'm just so happy to have him kissing me.
"I thought you said we couldn't do that." I say.
"Fuck it, I need you like I need air and I can't explain why." He tells me pushing down hair behind my ear. I take the back of his neck and lightly pull his four head to mine.
"Have I mentioned how much I love your hair?" I ask.
"No I don't think you have." He says smiling, like actually smiling not the fake one.
"Well I love your hair." I told him running my hand through it. Well what I can with his hat on.
"We have to get to class." He says.
"Ugh I know." I complain but start walking anyway.
"I'm gonna take you out tonight. You like pizza?" Cole says.
"Yeah. That sounds great." I tell him. We're at my class door.
"I'll pick you up at seven." He says then he goes to walk to his free period, I grad him by the jacket and kiss him again before he leaves. I don't want to ever let him go.
"Alison, you can make out with your boyfriend some other time. Get to class." My teacher says from the doorway.
"See you tonight Allie." Cole says walking away.
I just finish my lipstick when I hear the door bell ring.
"Allie! Cole is here honey!" My mom calls up.
"Coming!" I yell back excited. I go down the steps and my dad is talking to Cole.
"And I mean ten thirty." My dad is saying when I get there.
"Eleven?" I ask him.
"Fine." He caves. I hug my parents and get into Cole's car.
"You look good." He says.
"You too, that hat goes with everything." I say back, he laughs a little. I smile, I like making him laugh. We pull up to the pizza place and eat some. We get around to talking and he actually talks to me. About the scars on his arms and about his actual father. I tell him all about Sarah and how much she hurt me, how long it took me to forgive her and myself. He just hugs me as we walk to the car after dinner. Cole goes to start the car but a lightly take the keys out of his hand.
"I'm glad you told me." I say softly.
"Yeah. What are you doing with the keys?" He asks.
"It takes five minutes to get to my house, we have ten till eleven." I say setting my phone alarm for five minutes, then I push his seat back away from the wheel of the car. I get over him, with my legs on the sides of his seat. I kiss him and he runs his hands in my hair and down my back. I'm so lost in him it feels like five seconds till the alarm goes off, I'm kissing his neck when it does.
"The...alarm. Allie." He tells me.
"Do you really want me to go home?" I ask.
"Hell no. But I told your dad you'd be home in a few minutes." He says, I frown and get back in the drivers seat. I'm home way to fast, Cole walks me to the door.
"That was fun. When can we do that again?" I ask pulling in his jacket a bit.
"Anytime you want. I hate being home." He says. I frown because I know why he hates being home. He gives an unconvincing smile and kisses me. Even the kiss feels sad. The lights flicker.
"Coming mom." I yell at the door.
"She cares." Cole points out.
"I know. I'll see you later." I tell him then I walk into the house.
"Tell me everything." My mom says when I walk in.
"It was great and I really like him. We're gonna keep seeing each other." I tell my mom.
"That's great honey." She says.
"Yeah, I'm really tired. I'm gonna go to bed." I tell her. She nods and I walk up to my room, I really am tired. Is it too soon to wish Cole was with me right now? I'll text him; thanks again for tonight, it was really great. ;) goodnight. I smile when he texts back right away; my pleasure. Goodnight. For the first time I'm excited to go to school on Monday.