Prologue

AKANE'S POV

This is it, he is going to be so angry because of me. I stood frozen in front of Lady Tsunade, looking as pale as ghost.

"This must be some mistake, I-I can't be pregnant. Not now, he finally became the leader of the Uchiha clan, and we are not ready for a baby"

"Calm down, you two need to sit down and talk about everything. He loves you and I am sure everything will be okay. After all, you guys are married."

"B-but his father still hasn't accepted me as his daughter in law and he will definitely be against this."

"No one's asking him anything, now your husband is leader and everyone in the clan will have to respect his decisions, even if they do not like them."

"But Lady Tsunade..."

"No BUTS! Go straight to your house and tell him everything, I will be coming to celebrate in a few days." She smiled warmly.

"Thank you Lady Tsunade." I said as I hug my mentor.

After that I headed back home thinking about how I should tell this to him. After all, he won't be at home until midnight and I will have enough time to prepare myself for it.

When I entered the Uchiha household, some of the members of my new clan bowed to me. I smiled back and headed to our home to make dinner.

They finally started accepting me as the wife of their clan new leader. At first a lot of them were against our relationship because I am a half-blooded Uchiha, but why it is so important to be a full blooded Uchiha when our children will have sharingan anyways? I will never get that.

But we always supported each other and I have known him for my whole life. Leader or not, I have always loved him and nothing can ever change that.

When he became leader, we moved to another house where we could live alone away from others.

"Akane!" I heard the well known voice of my mother-in-law behind me.

"Oh Mikoto, sorry, I am a little lost in my thoughts."

"No problem sweetie, I was wondering if you two could come to the dinner, I haven't talked with you two for almost a month."

"Yeah, since Itachi became a leader he has so much more obligations and he is always so tired" I said honestly. I don't remember when was the last time he slept for a full eight hours.

"He will get used to it with time, it's always hard in the beginning." She smiled.

"Lady Mikoto, I would love to come over tonight but something had happened and I need to talk to him tonight."

"I hope that nothing is wrong, you know you can always come and talk to me if you want, right? Feel free to come over if you need me for everything. After all, you are my daughter now."

"No, of course not, it's just that I need a little time with my own husband."

Oh God Akane. Think before you say something stupid like this.

She laughed a little. "Okay, then tomorrow I expect both of you at the dinner, no excuses"

"We will be there." I smiled and hug my mother-in-law. Since we got married she became like my own mother, because my real mother died when I was six.

After that I continued my way to our house. Everywhere around me I could see young children playing with each others and running around.

"Lady Akane, how are you?" One girl no older than five ran up to me.

"Good, what about you?"

"I am okay, but when will you and Lord Itachi come to the park again?"

"Well he's really busy protecting all of us, but as soon as we can, we will." I smiled at the little girl.

"Okay then, Lady Akane. Have a good day!" She said and ran back to her friends.

Soon as I got to my house and entered. I exclaimed "home sweet home." to no one specific, but then I heard a voice reply. "Welcome back."

"Itachi? Aren't you supposed to be at work?"

I didn't expect him here at all.

"Yeah, well...It's been awhile since we got alone time and I feel like I've been neglecting my wife" he came up to me and kissed me passionately.

Well he was right, and I missed him so much.

"So you're cooking?" I pointed to the bowl he had in his arms.

"Yeah, I am sure you missed my cooking." He laughed a little then headed to the kitchen. "So, how was your appointment?"

"H-how do you know about it?" I asked, no one was suppose to know I went.

"Well I saw you going to the hospital, it's not like I am spying on you or anything I just needed to see Lord Hokage."

"Well Itachi, we h-have to t-talk"

"Is something wrong? Don't worry we will get through it together." He started to panic.

"Relax, I am actually perfectly healthy you see, I.." I started, not being able to finish my sentence because I am scared of his response.

"Just tell me what it is, please"

"I am....p...."

"You are p...." He looked at me like he had no idea what I was talking about.

"I am pregnant." I whispered. When he heard that he started jumping up and down.

"I am going to be a father! I'm going to have a baby," he paused for a second." I mean we are going to have baby!" He put his arms around my waist and kissed me passionately.

After the kiss I saw tears in his eyes. "Thank you for everything, thank you for carrying our child, I promise I will protect both of you even if it costs me my life"

I didn't said anything on that, I just hugged him tightly.

_____________________________

Picture of their house is above. :-D

Chapter edited by