19.

ITACHI

I am on the edge of my nerves with everything what is happening. I still didn't get any updates from Tsunade about Akane and all I was doing until now was rocking my son and trying to calm him down, but it just didn't work. My son wanted his mother and I couldn't do anything to help him. All I wish right now is to torture and make Danzo suffer like no one ever did.

I could think of thousands ways of torturing Danzo for the rest of his life and I would make sure it be a long one.

But it isn't that easy with me being a leader of powerful clan, because killing him would start civil war and that's something I just can't let happen. Even with everything what he did, me and my whole clan would become traitors of our village.

In the best case only I would be executed as traitor, while my people would become even more hated by the village.

Somone entered the cave and I immediately activated mangekyou sharingan and pulled out my katana with my free hand. No one's coming near my son with me being here anytime soon.

'Itachi, calm down it's me', Shisui entered the cave followed by my father.

I deactivated my visual powers, letting them approach and see baby in my arms. This was supposed to be best day of my life and here I am, holding my crying son and praying for my wife to survive.

'Give me update'

'We captured Danzo with the help of ANBUs lord hokage sent, they are taking him to prison right now. Lord Minato himself promised to take care he arrives there without any more problems.'

'Son, our people are waiting for your orders and they will do whatever you want, but you must think carefully about our next move.'

'You really think I don't know that?' I looked at my father.

"All I want now is to torture and tear limb by limb a man who ripped my son out of my wife and left her on the edge of death. But what I am doing? I am standing here unable to do anything, because I have to think what is the best for my people and my child. For goodness sake I can easily lose my wife in any second, without being able to do anything.'

For the first time in many years tears fell down from my face in front of my father, I was always taught to hide my emotions and be strong in any situation, but I couldn't do that anymore.

I needed my wife, I needed her to be okay for us. I want her to see our baby growing up, to teach him all the things mother teaches their kids, to watch over him when I am away. I need her to be my side, because I can't raise our kid without her.

'Itachi...'

Shisui stood in front of me unable to say anything, he blamed himself for this even if it wasn't his fault.

'Akane will be okay, she has to be.'

'I can't lose her, I wouldn't survive it.'

'Just say it and I will take full responsibility for killing that man and everyone who tries to stop me' Shisui activated his sharingan.

'There's no point in that, we'll be on the edge of civil war again and I can't let that happen. Thank you my friend, but we have to find other solution for this.'

I put my hand on his shoulder.

'Dad, take my son to the clans campground with some of our strongest warriors and protect him. Shisui and I are going to the prison.'

I made my decision, I believe in Minato and trust him with this. But I just have to have a few minutes with Danzo, just to explain him what will happen if he ever escapes.

'Shizune, please go and help Tsunade, notify me as soon as you know something about Akane. I am thankful for everything what you already had done for my family.'

'I will and there is nothing for you to be thankful for, Akane is my friend.'

'Father, protect him.'

Without any more talking I left my son in my father's arms and in the front of the cave I was greeted by all warriors from my clan.

'We want revenge!'

'Let's make the whole village pay for this, it's not the first time we ended like this!'

'Let's show them the real power of our clan!'

My people were furious and I understood why, but I couldn't start civil war. I swore to myself long ago that I will do whatever it takes to never again witness hell of the war.

'That's enough!' I exclaimed and all of them became quiet again.

'I understand your anger and sorrow, after all I am the one who might lose my wife, and all of you know whose fault it would be. The day I became a leader I swore I will protect each one of you and I don't want to lose anyone of you. If I started rebellion, that would mean I broke my word. For now we'll wait for the trial, I believe justice and fairness of our hokage. Lord Minato promised to take care of this and I choose to believe him.'

'What are we going to do now?!'

'For now Hikumi,  Teyaki and Yakumi go and help others protect place where lady Tsunade is operating on Akane. Rest of you go home and wait for me to contact you. Do as I said without trying to be the justice we need and without acting on your own. Shisui and I are going to the prison and please let all of this be the last problem for tonight. All of you are tired because our long previous hunt, go back to your families and rest. Thank you all for this, thank you for risking your life for my wife and son. I am really grateful to be leader of this clan.'

Without any more objecting they bowed to me.

My father came holding my son in his arms and all the present clan members shouted they congratulations. I smiled to them and told my father that I am heading to the prison.

Before I left I once again looked at my beautiful son. I wished everything was different today.

'Itachi, I need to tell you something before we arrive there', Shisui spoke while we were running.

'About what?'

'I was the one who captured Danzo's right hand, his plan wasn't just to take a child, he also wanted Akane's mangekyou sharingan and he planned to take it just after the delivery.'

'What?!' I yelled at my friend shocked by his words.

My wife didn't deserve that, for goodness sake no one does. She suffered a lot during her childhood, but she never gave up upon her dreams to become jonin and skilled medic. Only mistake she ever made was that she married me and became target for many of my enemies.

Danzo will pay me for this, I would just overcome if he attacked me. But he attacked love of my life and mother of my son.

_______________________

Hey guys, it's been a while since last time I updated. Thank you for reading. :)

Please vote and comment if you liked this chapter. :)