Chapter 10: The Party of the Century

Brooke's P.O.V.

Paige, Chloe and I dragged our feet down the steps of the apartment's staircase. We were heading to Target to buy some party decorations and snacks.

We had stayed up to watch Bethany Mota last night for ideas for party decorations and snacks. They were really good ideas, and we decided to use them.

"Dude, my dream has finally come true. Abby arrested! How sweet is that?" Paige exclaimed in excitement.

"Super sweet. I heard Cathy is going to use the former ALDC building for her new chain of cookie bakeries. It's called 'Cathy's Homemade Cookies'," Chloe replied.

"Wow, Cathy really has a big business going on," I said. Cathy's muffins and chocolate chip cookies were delicious. A box was sent to us before we left for LA.

Maddie, Kendall and Nia were looking for vacant, big buildings which can be used for our party.

Kenzie was busy going shopping for her clothes for the party. Although I knew she had too many dresses, I always thought, a girl should never have enough clothes. She was at The Grove, alone, shopping, which what seemed like the first time without Melissa and Maddie.

I started my mom's car engine. Paige and Chloe got in the back seat. The radio was telling the news.

"Abby Lee Miller is arrested for child abuse. She was sentenced to 9 years. Paige Hyland and Maddie Ziegler had sued her before. She was found by the police at her studio beating up her 15 year old student, Ava Cota, 15," the news anchor said.

"Omg they said my name!!!!" Paige squealed.

We finally reached Target. We bought heaps of snacks and decorations. We had almost spent $300, but I'm glad it didn't reach that.

We went to The Grove next, and met up with Kenzie at Topshop. She had many bags in her hands, so I helped her. Well, obviously, she's thirteen, so it's no surprise that she had bought a lot of clothes.

We bought Starbucks. Paige, as usual, used the name Lucy.

When we reached home, Maddie, Kendall and Nia showered us with great news.

"We just found a new building!" Maddie screamed with delight.

The building that they found was new , vacant and huge. It was nearby our apartment. It could fit about a thousand people or so.

My mom was excited. So was I. I thanked myself for planning a celebration.

Every dancer all over the world were jubilant to hear about the news about Abby. A few years ago, Abby was well-liked (wait what?) and now everyone loathed her.

I switched on the TV.

"Breaking News. Well-known coach Abby Lee Miller, former star of hit reality tv show, Dance Moms, has been arrested for Child Abuse," said the news anchor.

"She was caught by the police assaulting her student, Ava Cota, 15. Another student, Kamryn Beck, reported to the police about what had happened earlier. Sarah Hunt and Tea Adamson, those also assaulted by Miller, had been sent to the hospital after the tragic incident."

I was shocked. Three? Yes, three. Three were injured.

I saluted Kamryn for stopping the incident. And then, i thought for a moment. How about Payton? Is she moving?

I texted Payton after i found her number in my contacts.

Brookie: Hi Pay Pay, r u like on the way to LA?

It didn't take so long for Payton to text back.

Paytonnn: Oh hi! its been like months since ive seen you. Yup, but i'm still in Pittsburgh. with Kam. i'll probably arrive on Saturday.