three

donghyuck just got back from teaching the kids. the place was not too far from his house. it was a gazebo in a garden near the river, a peaceful place for studying as they were surrounded by the sound of nature.

when he arrived, the house was quiet as usual. he only lived with his father. other than that, there were also servants lurking around their quarter. donghyuck had his personal servant named jaemin. he was the same age as donghyuck. even though their positions were different, donghyuck always treats jaemin like his friend.

putting his teaching equipment inside his room, donghyuck made his way out again as he saw jaemin in the hallway. "jaemin!" he called.

jaemin stopped his track and turned to look at the voice calling him. "master donghyuck, i didn't realize you're back."

"i went off early today, the kids are not in the mood to study," donghyuck pouted.

"wah you're really the best teacher out there letting them go just because they didn't want to study!" jaemin gasped that made donghyuck chuckled.

"i can't blame them fully though. i don't feel good too so yeah," donghyuck shrugged as he walked beside jaemin. "jaemin, let's go for a walk today!" donghyuck jumped excitedly as he wrapped his arm around the latter's shoulders.

jaemin cocked a brow, eyeing his master in confusion. "but i thought you don't feel good?"

donghyuck sighed, "don't feel good as in i feel like something's off today so i dismissed the kids earlier than the usual."

"i'm sorry master but today you can't leave the quarter before you see your father," jaemin flashed donghyuck a big smile as he removed the tanned male's arm from him.

donghyuck tilted his head, wondering what was up. "what do you mean?"

"your father wants to see you as soon as you have arrived home. i don't know what's the reason but it's better if you go now," jaemin said.

donghyuck pouted and stomped his feet, "aish! i'll go." he started to walk but halted abruptly and spun around. "yah jaemin! i still want to take a walk later, you know the deal," donghyuck smiled sheepishly.

"alright master~ i'll inform general lee to wait for you at the hill," jaemin said in a mocking tone, rolling his eyes that made donghyuck chuckled.

blushing as his head was filled with the thought of his beloved one, donghyuck skipped his way to his father's study room as it was where his father spent most of his time.

donghyuck knocked on the door thrice before speaking, "i'm here dad."

his father stopped pacing around and smiled at the voice of his son. "come in donghyuck."

donghyuck closed the door once he stepped inside the room, taking a seat across his father as he gestured him to do so. "why do you want to see me, dad?" donghyuck questioned, still clueless.

"do you already have a partner?" his father directly asked that caught donghyuck off guard.

does he know? donghyuck thought. he was sure that no one knew about them except for jaemin but jaemin wouldn't be telling his father about what was going on between him and jeno. donghyuck trusted jaemin enough to keep his secret.

rubbing his nape, donghyuck decided to lie, "not yet."

his father sighed in relief as he leaned back against the chair, a little smile appeared on his face. "that's good to hear, in fact, i have something important to tell you regarding this."