fourteen

the sun rose, the light making its way through the little gaps of the windows. minhyung rubbed his eye as the ray touched his face. he let out a small yawn before sitting up. donghyuck was still asleep, soft snores could be heard that made minhyung to look at him.

minhyung smiled at the memories last night. donghyuck initiated a change in their relationship was making him happy somehow. minhyung had no problem to befriend donghyuck but he frowned when he thought of the next stage. what would happen if he falls in love with donghyuck and donghyuck couldn't love him or vice versa? he didn't want any of them got hurt in the end. however, he told himself to focus first on what they had right now before anything else.

throwing away the thought, minhyung shook donghyuck's body lightly to wake him up. "donghyuck."

"..hmph.. mhmm.." donghyuck stirred and buried his face deeper, muffling his voice into the pillow that was set as the boundary.

minhyung chuckled as he removed the pillow, causing him to see the latter's face fully, eyes still closed, puffing his cheeks as he pouted. "donghyuck, wake up.." minhyung caressed the warm cheek with his thumb, not realizing his own action.

donghyuck felt the soft touch and almost fell asleep again but he cracked one of his eyes open to see minhyung was the cause of it. donghyuck backed away and stretched his limbs with a loud yawn. "..what are you doing?" donghyuck asked, looking away from him.

"huh?" minhyung blinked his eyes multiple times before he snapped back to reality, faking a cough. "sorry, i-i'm not aware of it."

"it's okay.." donghyuck's voice trailed off but minhyung heard it.

"uhm, you said we'll be going to your father's quarter today, right?" minhyung remembered what donghyuck told him last night.

donghyuck slapped his forehead as he almost forgot about it. when he wanted to bring jaemin out of the palace, he met with his father at the quarter. he asked donghyuck to bring minhyung there today to have lunch together.

"ah right, thank you for reminding me," donghyuck smiled as he got up and walked toward the windows, opening them to let in the fresh air. his gaze then landed on jeno's house which wasn't far from them. the servants were bringing the stuff inside the house and it made donghyuck curious. "what are they doing?" donghyuck pointed his index finger after he gave a look at minhyung.

minhyung approached the tanned male and stood behind him, squinting his eyes to get a better look at what the latter was indicating. "i forgot to tell you that i already have appointed someone new as the general and also as my personal bodyguard. he'll be staying there from now on."

"are jeno's belongings still there?" donghyuck asked.

"the servants already packed and put them in the store," minhyung replied, glancing down at donghyuck. "why? do you want to keep them?"

donghyuck bit his lower lip and shook his head. "no. it's okay." and a sigh left his mouth. please, don't think about it donghyuck. that's the best for him, donghyuck thought as he turned around but got bumped into minhyung's hard chest.

minhyung held him, afraid that donghyuck would fall down. their bodies were close to one another and donghyuck tilted his head up that he was met with minhyung's gaze. minhyung wanted to let go of his arms that circled around the tiny waist but he just couldn't move when those chocolate orbs were staring back at him, so innocent and pure it made minhyung wanted to protect and keep him for himself.