twenty-eight

author's note: hello guys! thank you and i really love all of the names that you guys have suggested in the previous chapter but sadly, i can choose only two of them :( 

congrats to babydong206 for suggesting 'lee donghee' if the child is a male (the meaning of this name is absolutely beautiful which means to shine, bright, brilliant and glorious) and congrats to NctIsntinthehouse for suggesting 'lee mirae' if the child is a female. 💕💕

donghyuck was dressed formally today, checking himself in the body-length mirror at the corner of the room. thinking what about to come later made him nervous. it had been a week since the news of his pregnancy broke out and it reached the king and the queen. hearing the good news, the superiors couldn't help the contentment they felt and arranged a mini celebration to show how thankful they were.

however, on the other side, donghyuck was still contemplating to see his in-laws. he was ashamed of the past event that made the king threw him inside the cell. does the king really has forgiven me? is what donghyuck could think of ever since the invitation was sent. to top it all, it was his first time meeting the king ever since the incident happened.

donghyuck didn't need the crutches anymore as he healed faster because all he did was either lying or sitting on the bed. however, the pain was still there though it was much better now. he still has to be careful in order to recover fully. donghyuck also gained back his lost pound after the craving he had the next day when he was told he was pregnant. it was a relief to minhyung. his baby looked the happiest when he eats.

a sigh left donghyuck's mouth as the servants had finally put their last touch on the expensive cloth. they bowed before they walked toward the door, leaving the tanned male behind. donghyuck twirled in front of the mirror one last time before he saw his husband was approaching him.

"you look stunning," minhyung remarked, snaking his arms around the latter's waist as he put his chin on his shoulder.

donghyuck gave him a smile, caressing the hand on his tummy. "thank you."

"you smell nice too," minhyung pecked at the side of donghyuck's neck that earned him a giggle.

"i know.. stop it, will you?" donghyuck turned around and faced him.

"are you ready?" minhyung asked, pulling the tanned male closer.

donghyuck bit his lip and nodded his head, reminding himself not to feel anxious. minhyung noticed how unsure the latter was and sighed. "baby, you have me okay? no one's going to hurt you."

that's all donghyuck had to hear to let the worry washed away and he placed a soft kiss on minhyung's lips. "let's go."

🌻🌻🌻

the mini celebration took place at one of the gazebos in the palace. from afar, both males saw the table was being set up. a few people were there and the closer they got, they immediately recognized who they were. "dad!" donghyuck squealed as he hugged councilor lee.

donghyuck's father chuckled as he returned the action. "be careful son. your legs are still not fully healed."

"i'm just excited to meet you," donghyuck pouted as he pulled away and noticed who sat at the other side of the table, bowing in an instant. "hello, your highness."