twelve

minhyung gathered his clothes and wore them back in no time. he threw a sack of gold coins to the woman lying naked on the bed before he went out of the room. he needed to go back to the palace before the sun was finally up, not wanting his parents or any people inside the palace to find out. however, judging by the soft light lightened up the area and the sound of the bird chirped happily, it was already morning. wasting no time, he mounted on his horse and headed back to the palace.

when he had arrived, he made sure the army put back the horse in the stable and warned him not to say anything about his leaving last night. being how a lower rank should act, he could only obey the latter's command.

minhyung was a bit light-headed from the drinking session he had so he decided to continue sleeping. he went inside the room carefully, not wanting to wake up donghyuck who was curling himself at the bed. the mattress dipped down when minhyung sat on it. his eyes landed on the puffy cheeks the latter had and his plump lips parted to let out an even breath.

donghyuck looked innocent when he was sleeping that minhyung almost forgot the argument they had yesterday. watching the latter made minhyung remembered the promised he made with jeno. he wasn't sure if he could manage to love donghyuck. he was afraid. he knew it was probably 0.01% that donghyuck would love him back. although he didn't care much about it but he couldn't help to feel scared that if he fell hard for him then something would happen like what had happened between donghyuck and jeno. it must hard to see the one you loved so much left you behind. and also, just like the girl did to him.

minhyung sighed and laid down, facing donghyuck. he was thinking if he should tell donghyuck about the promise or just act on his own until he had a feeling for him. minhyung didn't know. for the first time in his life, he felt a weight being placed on his shoulders. it was his best friend's request and he knew he needed to accomplish it.

maybe i should try touching him.. minhyung thought.

he brought his hand closer to donghyuck's face and touched his cheek slowly. minhyung gulped as he ran his fingers along the cheekbone, amazed how soft and warm donghyuck's skin was under his touch. minhyung gaze fell once again at the red pair and he felt shivers down his spine. he moved closer toward donghyuck and stopped when their lips were inches from each other.

should i kiss him?

minhyung tried to plant his lips against the plump ones but he quickly backed away when donghyuck scrunched his nose and tilted his face, not opening his eyes.

"..ugh.. what is still smell?" donghyuck mumbled as he yawned.

minhyung facepalmed as he remembered he was still reek of alcohol. he turned to face the other way when donghyuck sat up. "can't you wash up? you smell horrible," donghyuck grimaced as he noticed the latter was back.

minhyung huffed. he saw no point in pretending to be asleep when donghyuck insulted him. donghyuck was true though but it annoyed him. "shut up. just stuff your nostrils if you can't handle it."

"don't talk to me," donghyuck wanted to leave the bed but minhyung quickly grabbed his hand.

it caused the tanned male to end up on top of minhyung. donghyuck's eyes went wide at the little gap they had between their faces. "what are you doing?!" donghyuck asked as he tried to back away but minhyung secured his arms around his body.

"uh.. do you want to go somewhere later?" minhyung was unsure what he was trying to question donghyuck but maybe he could start with knowing the latter more before anything else.