sixteen

"this is the new general, hwang renjun," minhyung introduced to his husband.

renjun could feel the warmth on his cheeks as he watched the pretty male showed him a warm smile as renjun took a bow. "nice to meet you, your highness," renjun said.

"it's my pleasure," donghyuck muttered.

he's ethereal.. renjun stared at the blinding smile but he quickly looked away, not wanting to further his thinking before it turned out into an inappropriate one.

renjun had just stepped out of the house when minhyung saw him and brought donghyuck along with him to introduce each other.

"are you going to the training base?" minhyung asked as he saw renjun was dressed up in his training suit.

renjun nodded his head, "yes, your highness. i need to practice my archery skill."

"that's good to hear," minhyung patted his shoulder as renjun bowed then turned around to leave. he stopped his track when minhyung called out his name. "renjun, we should have a drink sometimes!"

"alright, your highness," renjun replied. he glanced at the tanned male for a while before walking away with a little smile on his face.

"he looks cute," donghyuck stated absent-mindedly as they watched the small figure disappeared from their sight.

minhyung cocked a brow at the statement then smirked as he leaned down to match his eye level with donghyuck's. "you seem interested in a general. first jeno, and now renjun?"

donghyuck miss hearing the latter's name. he didn't know whether to get offended at minhyung's remark which he knew it was just a joke but it was a bit too much to his liking. not wanting to argue and decided to keep it to himself, donghyuck ignored him and took a step to distance himself from minhyung.

"is that a problem for you?" donghyuck asked, trying his best to sound like he wasn't affected by it even a bit but his facial expression betrayed him.

minhyung saw the hurt in donghyuck's eyes that made his breath caught in his throat. "i-i'm sorry i shouldn't be saying that," minhyung apologized, taking donghyuck's hands in his.

instead, donghyuck just gave him a smile and pulled back his hands. "it's okay," donghyuck said before he left the latter.

minhyung cursed under his breath at his stupid behavior. he kicked the pebbles on the ground before he ran to catch up next to donghyuck. "donghyuck, listen, i'm not really thinking when i said that. forgive me?" minhyung stood in front of him, blocking his way.

donghyuck took a deep breath and looked up at minhyung, containing his anger. "i said it's fine. now, move."

"no fighting, remember?" minhyung muttered, biting his lip and showed him pleading eyes.

donghyuck let out a heavy sigh and nodded his head. "fine."

minhyung pulled him into a hug as he caressed his back. "i really mean it when i said i'm sorry."

donghyuck closed his eyes as he buried his nose in minhyung's shoulder. "don't repeat it again."

"alright," minhyung reassured and placed a kiss on his forehead that made donghyuck's heart skip a beat.

donghyuck pushed him as he clutched at his heart, panicking at the weird feeling. the only time he felt like this was with jeno. 

get a grip on yourself! donghyuck scolded himself inside his head.