seventeen (x)

"i'm afraid that i might have already fallen in with you."

donghyuck was at a loss of word. he was speechless. did minhyung really mean it? but why would he cry? he wanted to wipe the tear away but instead of doing that, he pulled away his hands from wrapping the latter's neck. he tried to find something to reply minhyung but he just couldn't think of any.

"aish! what am i saying?" minhyung chuckled as he rubbed his face. he looked at donghyuck who had a blank expression, and minhyung smiled. "just pretend you didn't hear it."

donghyuck bit his lip as he watched the latter walked in the rain. he didn't know why but he felt disappointed. he wanted to run and stop him from going further away but he just let go of the male.

luckily, the rain had stopped. the ride to the palace was silence. minhyung helped donghyuck got down from the horse as he muttered a small 'thank you'. 

"i'm going to the quarter now. you can visit your father or whatsoever," minhyung said as he let the army handled the horse.

donghyuck nodded his head without a word. minhyung took that the latter agreed with what he had said and turned on his heels to leave.

"minhyung wait!" donghyuck was fast enough to grab minhyung's sleeve, making him halted his feet. they stared at each other for a while before donghyuck shook his head and cleared his throat. "my clothes are wet i need a shower so i'm going back to the quarter with you."

"alright," minhyung breathed out, walking as donghyuck followed him from behind.

donghyuck played with his fingers as they entered the room. he was eager to know what minhyung meant when he blurted out what he had told him under the tree earlier, the reason behind the sudden kiss, and what made him confused was why did he react to the kiss and moreover, he was expecting it. donghyuck admitted that he felt content in his heart when minhyung pulled him closer. he felt safe in his arms.

donghyuck looked at the latter taking off his shirt then took the towel that was folded on the bed. donghyuck flinched when minhyung gave him the taken item.

"you can go first," minhyung muttered but he received no answer from the tanned male as he only set his gaze on the towel. "donghyuck?"

"what you had said earlier.. did you mean it?" donghyuck asked softly as he tilted up his head.

minhyung sighed as he let his hand fell to his side. "i said you can just pretend--"

"did you mean it?" donghyuck cut him.

"i don't know," minhyung replied sharply.

"what about the kiss?" 

minhyung looked down on the floor as he whispered, "i don't know.."

donghyuck took a step closer and searched for his eyes that minhyung didn't fight back but to return his gaze. "..and why did you cry?"

minhyung's breath hitched as he didn't expect the latter to notice. he thought donghyuck would be fooled it was the rain falling down his cheek. "i-i wasn't.."

"i saw how watery your eyes were," donghyuck bit his lip.

"can i be honest with you?" minhyung asked as he gripped the towel tightly.

a part of donghyuck was hoping it was going to be a love confession but a part of him was afraid if the latter did really have feelings for him because he wasn't sure if he could love him the same as he loved jeno before.