|epilogue|

one year later

"i-it hurts! ah!"

"shhhh a little more baby.."

"i can't! oh my god, hnngh!"

"you're doing good.. hold my hand tighter and breathe,"

"aaaanhhhh!"

donghyuck's body fell to the mattress as he closed his eyes, breathing heavily and fast. the sound of a baby wailing filled the room that tears slipped from donghyuck's eyes.

"congratulations, your highness. it's a boy," said the doctor as he had finished wrapping their child in a fluffy towel. the king and the queen squealed happily. finally, the long-awaited grandson they always wanted is born.

minhyung took the baby in his hands, cooing at the ball of cuteness. "he's so cute," minhyung sat next to donghyuck and gave him the baby as the tanned male rested his head on minhyung's shoulder.

"hello little one," donghyuck sniffled as he pecked the baby's soft cheek. he stopped crying as his doe eyes that resembled a lot like donghyuck with a pinch of minhyung, staring at him. grabbing donghyuck's thumb, he brought it closer to his lips, sucking on it softly.

"his seagull brows look like minhyung's and the button nose resembles donghyuck's!" the king cooed as donghyuck let him handle the baby whose eyes began to water.

the second he was pulled away from donghyuck, he began to cry again, making the king panicked but earned a little laugh from the queen. "he reminds me of minhyung, always crying when i'm not holding him," the queen said as she took the baby from his husband and brought it to donghyuck.

"mom! i'm not like that!" minhyung protested with a pout.

"what do you know? you were just a baby like him at that time," the queen chuckled as she admired him in donghyuck's arms. the baby took back donghyuck's thumb and repeated his action earlier.

"so have you decided a name for him?" councilor lee asked with a smile on his face, watching his son.

donghyuck nodded. "minhyung wants to name him lee donghee."

"what a lovely name," the queen chimed.

"it is. with a lovely meaning too," minhyung smiled. "he'll shine and be a clever person just like his papa."

"papa?" donghyuck questioned, looking at minhyung with a confused look.

"you're his papa," minhyung said.

"and that makes you his daddy?" jisung butted in, leaning against the door frame.

everyone in the room laughed at the remark.

"i am," minhyung said proudly that made the tanned male chuckled. "and i'm going to be the best father and husband for my family!"

"and don't forget one thing," the king reminded as he stepped forward and placed a hand on minhyung's shoulder as the latter looked up at him. "you'll make a great king too in the future."

within that year, several important occasions were happening. firstly, two weeks after donghee was born, the coronation of minhyung as the next king took place. minhyung insisted to not be throned early but his father wanted him to. seeing the good changes of behavior minhyung had made, his father was convinced that minhyung was ready enough to take his spot. besides, he wanted to spend his old age doing something relaxing and didn't pressure him much.