four

donghyuck was brought inside the palace for the first time in his life. there were guards standing on every door and every gate. some were roaming to look around the palace. one thing that donghyuck learned about being inside the palace; it was secured tightly. it made him sighed. to think and plan to escape the place was zero chance for a weak person like him.

donghyuck was still furious with the decision. why couldn't he be involved in the discussion? how could he spend the rest of his life with a man he never knew? it saddened him more that jeno asked him to just go with the flow. donghyuck knew that jeno loved him and so did he. but what else could have been done? they had no power to go against the king's order.

"this is the palace's garden. there are so many types of flowers and some of them can't be found outside the palace," his father explained as they walked by the garden.

donghyuck's mouth left agape. even though he couldn't see color very well but, he could tell there were all beautiful by the difference and interesting shape of the petal. donghyuck saw his favorite one. the sunflower. his lips curved upward, remembering jeno always brought it to him. he missed the latter but today would probably be a busy day that he couldn't meet with jeno later.

his father watched his son looking at the garden in awe. "i have seen sunflowers in your room. who gave it to you?" he asked.

donghyuck furrowed his brows, annoyed that his privacy was being invaded. "why did you enter my room?" 

"you shouldn't be answering a question with a question. plus, watch the way you speak donghyuck, you started to act disrespectful toward your father. you never talk to me this way," his father shook his head and continued walking, disappointed with the behavior of his son.

donghyuck sighed and caught up next to his father. "dad, i'm sorry if you think i'm disrespecting you but i still can't adjust myself with this situation, i'm sorry for upsetting you," donghyuck looked down on the ground, trying to avoid his father's question earlier. there was no way he would tell his father about him and jeno.

instead, his father smiled and stopped his feet, followed by donghyuck. "son, i know you've been thinking about it but i'm thankful that you decided to agree on this matter."

donghyuck bit his lip and held his father's hand, "i'm going to be alright, right?"

"you are donghyuck. give it some time. i'm sure both of you will find love and have a happy family," his father assured as he hugged his son.

donghyuck frowned at the last part of his father's words, not fond of the thought. it was impossible for him. he had jeno in his heart and none will change his love for him.

pulling away from donghyuck, his father patted his shoulder. "let's not think too much. put a smile on your face because we're meeting the king and the queen first."

donghyuck exhaled shakily. he felt nervous to face them. faking a smile, donghyuck nodded his head as a reassurance.

shortly after, they had arrived in front of the hall where the king and the queen awaited them. the guards opened the door for them as the servants stayed outside. donghyuck felt his heart beating wildly against his ribcage once they stepped inside the room. he didn't dare to look up as he just bowed, walking with his gaze fixed on the wooden floor.

the king and the queen broke out a big grin upon the arrival. "welcome to the palace, lee donghyuck. you're handsome or.. should i say prettier than what i expected," the king said, offering a handshake.