|end|

"we must go to meet the king now. it's an urgent order," minhyung startled the two males who were still sitting and talking.

earlier, minhyung met with his father to give an update about donghyuck's condition which was getting better. the king felt relieved but he and the queen were still upset about the miscarriage. they still believed that it was an accident not until minhyung decided to tell them the truth. it angered the king but he needed to see the cause of it first before taking things into his hand.

deciding to clear up things in one go, minhyung also told the king about the bribe that was going on between councilor kang and jaemin. jaemin was the one who wanted minhyung to tell the truth to the king. jaemin should've expected this; the king was surely wanted to see them because of this case.

"did he tell you specifically why?" donghyuck asked as he squeezed jaemin's hand in his. jaemin wasn't going to lie that he was scared of the king's move regarding what councilor kang had asked him to do. he returned donghyuck's action by placing his other hand on top of their intertwined ones.

donghyuck was anxious at the look of his husband's face. an urgent order from the king must be and always be something important and serious. donghyuck pitied the trembling male beside him, and he didn't want to let him go. donghyuck didn't want to let jaemin go twice.

"he didn't but we must get going now," minhyung helped the tanned male to stand up.

"jaemin?" renjun called out as he peered over the still seated male. jaemin was snapped out of his thought and looked up at the latter. he got on his feet and took in a deep breath. renjun couldn't help himself as he stepped closer and gave jaemin a hug. "it's going to be alright," renjun whispered in a soothing tone.

the action was bold for jaemin and it surprised him but at the same time the words that came out from the latter's mouth was able to make him calm down. "i hope so," jaemin replied as he pulled away from the hug and went near donghyuck with his head hung low, keeping his gaze at the floor.

donghyuck smiled as he noticed the flushed face jaemin had. without wasting any more time, they made their way to the palace.

as soon as they arrived, the guards bowed down and opened the door for them, revealing a couple of people inside the room. the king was sitting on the throne and in front of him was familiar faces to the just arrived males. jisung and councilor lee were also there. jisung had a pain expression as his hand was reaching behind his back to place his palm on the affected area.

"we are here, your majesty," minhyung spoke, glancing at the family beside him who had their heads down.

the king cleared his throat before he got down from his seat, approaching them. the sound of metal clanking on the wooden floor made them had their eyes on it.

"what's the meaning of this, your majesty?" minhyung furrowed his brows as he examined the object. a hairpin with blood staining it.

"let's hear the explanation from her," the king said as he looked at mina who had fear written on her face.

"i-it was an accident!" mina declared, pupils shaky as she tried to gather excuses inside that brain of hers.

"accident?" jisung scoffed. "hyung, she stabbed me with her hairpin here and tried to harass me!"

"what.." minhyung's eyes widened hearing the shocking information. he couldn't believe that mina was brave to do that. donghyuck had the same reaction as his husband. the last time minhyung remembered mina was a pure and innocent girl that had an attitude of an angel. it made him wonder what she had been through while she was away from the nation.