thirteen

a week had passed since the death of jeno. donghyuck had accepted the latter was gone but it was still hard for him to move on. he realized that minhyung was being nice to him but donghyuck always shut him off. he wasn't sure whether to believe him or not because donghyuck didn't see any sincerity at all. they only talked when it was important but that was it.

on the other side, minhyung was also having a hard time approaching donghyuck. he tried to be nice with him but the latter always tested his patience that they always ended up arguing. what he hated the most was when donghyuck brought up about what had happened to jeno. minhyung acknowledged it was partially his fault but he didn't need donghyuck to remind him when he was trying his best to forget about it.

minhyung should be the bad guy here. however, ever since the incident happened, he had been thinking a lot. it wasn't like himself. he found himself looking out for the tanned male, checking him every minute secretly so he didn't do a stupid thing like hurting himself or what so ever. minhyung didn't know if it was out of pure concern or he was just forcing himself to act like one. so to make everything simple, he assured himself that he was doing this for jeno and nothing else.

"i've been doing nothing here since i got married to you, how am i supposed to live like this?" donghyuck scoffed, eyeing minhyung who was getting ready to go out.

minhyung sighed. he knew, when donghyuck was using this tone, it meant he was ready to pick a fight. minhyung didn't spare him a glance and looked himself in the mirror. "so what do you want to do?" minhyung asked this to avoid them from quarreling.

donghyuck's ears perked up at the question. "are you sure i'm allowed to do this?"

"just tell me," minhyung replied.

"can i continue teaching?" donghyuck asked with hopeful eyes, although minhyung wasn't looking.

but he did within a second when he snapped his head toward the tanned male. "you know you can't do that right?"

donghyuck clenched his jaws as he stood up furiously, slamming his hands down the table. "just let me!" donghyuck had been short-tempered these days and without a second thought, he didn't hold back if he wanted to lash out at minhyung.

minhyung pinched his nose bridge, trying to calm down his nerves from spatting back vicious word toward the fragile male because every time they fought, donghyuck always ended up crying and minhyung felt a bit sorry for it but he couldn't do anything about it. "alright, i'll let you but you need to change your clothes into the ordinary ones and don't come back late, do you understand?" minhyung glared at him.

donghyuck's frown face turned into a smiley one as he nodded his head. "thank you!"

minhyung rolled his eyes and went toward the door, wanting to leave. "i'm going to the training base," minhyung informed. donghyuck just stared at him before he made his way to the study room, closing the door behind him. not that minhyung expected the tanned male to care but a bit of himself wished him to. sighing and throwing away the thought, he stepped out of the house.

donghyuck bit his lower lip as he looked out from the small gap of the window, seeing the figure walked away and soon faded from his sight. "take care," donghyuck whispered.

today, minhyung decided to select a new general to fill the empty spot left by jeno. he watched the armies trained and he sighed. he wasn't sure how he was going to do this. he hadn't done this before. jeno became his personal bodyguard and a general because he trusted him, and chose him by himself. he knew the potential jeno had. however, this time would be a bit difficult. he knew some of the higher ranks but he wasn't really close to them to know much about their skills.