eight

"congratulation, your highness. i hope that you'll get pregnant soon," the court lady bowed and left the room.

donghyuck rubbed his nape awkwardly, muttering a small 'thank you' as the servants removed the bedsheet and brought it out of the room after changing it into a new and clean one.

"see? what did i tell you? they're going to check for it," minhyung said, plopping down his body on the mattress as donghyuck shook his head.

"what a weird place," donghyuck mumbled and went toward the window, leaning his head at the frame, pouting. "i'm bored, can i go out?"

minhyung opened his eyes hearing the latter's question. "you're not trapped inside this room but if you want to wander around, make sure you don't get lost," minhyung smirked, knowing that donghyuck didn't know the palace well.

donghyuck made a fist and threatened minhyung with it. then he smiled as he remembered the request that minhyung had granted. "i'm going with jeno."

minhyung turned to his left side and yawned, still feeling sleepy. "yeah whatever. be gone for the whole day is also not a problem for me."

donghyuck's eyes twinkled and grinned widely as he stood up and went to pick up a mirror. "i need to look good," donghyuck spoke to himself while tidying his clothes.

minhyung heard what donghyuck was saying and snorted. "you never looked good."

donghyuck huffed in annoyance as he put down the mirror back to its place. "you're just jealous you don't have someone to date," donghyuck sneered.

minhyung bit his lip, curled himself on the bed and sighed as he closed his eyes, trying to ignore the latter. "i'm going to sleep."

donghyuck didn't bother to answer him and just walked out of the room happily.

hearing that the door was closed, minhyung opened his eyes slowly and laid on his back. he stared at the wooden ceiling and let out a heavy breath as a bittersweet memory started to occupy his mind. "it's not that i don't have someone to date.. but she's the one who left me.."

five years ago

her small giggles were his favorite melody. her eyes were giving him life every time he stared into them. her hair was as smooth as silk, black and shiny that he wasn't tired to run his fingers through it. she was the one that always kept him awake at night, thinking how lucky he was to have someone as beautiful as her. but in life, he had to realize that nothing was permanent, and that day, it was pinned in his mind that he would never ever give his heart easily.

"do you really have to go?" the 15-year-old minhyung asked the girl who always had a sweet smile on her face.

she nodded her head, looking at their fingers that intertwined together. "yes, this is what i want to do."

"but we have a music teacher here, and i can talk to the king to bring in the best one so you don't have to go," minhyung insisted.

she sighed and pulled away from her hand from him slowly, "it's not that easy minhyung, i wanted to see the other part of the nation too. this is what i love to do, i love music and i'm going for it."