seven

author's note: i'm so sorry i forgot to tell you guys that this is actually a mpreg story. enjoy!

the wedding day came and the palace was never as busy as ever. the king had the biggest smile on his face, seeing his oldest son sitting next to his husband-to-be. same went to the queen, she hoped that this was a good decision her husband made.

however, the mood of the two newly-weds was gloomy. minhyung kept mumbling under his breath, cursing every now and then. he wanted this event to be over so he could just go back to his quarter. while donghyuck felt nothing. during those two weeks, jeno constantly convinced him that everything was going to be alright and he would be okay.

donghyuck disliked the fact that jeno had to come during the wedding. although jeno said he was alright with all of this but donghyuck couldn't look him in the eye. donghyuck felt guilty even when it wasn't his fault.

on the other side, minhyung met with donghyuck only that one time when he had to show the palace to him. for the rest of the days, he hadn't come to him to visit. donghyuck also lied to his father whenever he was asked whether he had seen the crown prince or not, and donghyuck would say he did.

"can't you at least smile a bit?" minhyung whispered through his gritted teeth as he could see the latter had a blank expression.

donghyuck tried to calm down from getting mad. "why don't you do that to yourself?"

minhyung forced a smile and tilted his head at donghyuck who was taken aback by his action. "see? i already have one."

donghyuck almost laughed at the stupid face minhyung pulled off but bit back his laugh and closed his eyes to regain his composure. he opened his eyes and smiled softly even though he was faking it. "satisfied?"

minhyung cleared his throat and drifted his gaze away toward the guests. "what an eyesore. you're ugly," minhyung said, erasing the image of donghyuck's smiling face in his head, not wanting to get swayed by the little thing.

donghyuck rolled his eyes, ignoring the latter. he watched the others were drinking while the dance performance was starting. donghyuck saw jeno standing behind the king and he bit his lip as jeno caught his eyes. jeno showed him a smile and donghyuck couldn't help but smile back at him.

but little did they know, someone was watching them with an evil smirk.

the event ended at night. it was wrapped by a tea ceremony that was held at the king's quarter, a tradition for the royal after they got married. donghyuck could feel his stomach swelled as he had already eaten tons of food earlier. he admitted that the cuisine served was much different from what he had tasted before. it couldn't be found outside of the palace. they were all high-quality food that exceeded his expectations.

however, what worries donghyuck was what was going to happen after the event. 

"you should go back to your quarter now. it's already late," the king smiled as he patted minhyung's shoulder. "ah, and don't forget about what i have said earlier. we're expecting a grandson if it's possible."

donghyuck almost spat out his tea as his face grew redder at the king's words. "w-what is that supposed to mean?"

the queen laughed along with his husband at the obvious question. "donghyuck, minhyung needs a successor for the throne one day, and of course you need to give birth to a male."